About This Chapter
Studying for Business 104 - Summary
Use these flashcard sets to improve your understanding of various systems, networks and hardware used in business. A few of the key topics you will study with these flashcards include:
- Applications of business-related systems and hardware
- Uses of network systems, the internet and intranets
- Enterprise business systems
- Processes of system development and basics of programming
- Databases and data management
- How technology impacts business operations
How They Work
Using flashcards helps with memorization through their repetition and the ability to pick out certain terms related to various types of technologies used in business.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying about business technologies.
- Identify the business related image, word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again to reinforce your understanding of business and business technologies.
Information Systems in Business Flashcards
Want to know about information systems? Looking at related careers? Review the various aspects of an information system such as the various components, related jobs, and the various strategies associated.
Hardware & Systems Flashcards
This flashcard set examines the different hardware components of a computer system and the different types of computer memory. Finally, the ASCII character set and the binary code are also examined.
Systems & Application Software Flashcards
This set examines the various computer operating systems and the various critical tasks they perform. The set also examines the various application programs.
Internet, Intranet & Extranet Flashcards
This flashcard set examines the different aspects of the Internet, Intranet and Extranet. We'll look at the importance of the OSI model, and see how people can conduct business online by using e-commerce.
Network Systems Flashcards
This set examines the various components of a telecommunications system, the different types of architecture used, the different network operating systems, the different types of networks, and the different types of network topology.
Enterprise Business Systems Flashcards
This set of flashcards will give you detailed information on software for enterprise business systems. Study this set of flashcards to learn about the different types of software you can use to help your business.
Business Information & Decision Support Systems Flashcards
This set of flashcards will help you gain more knowledge about business information and decision support systems. You will learn the different types of systems, reports, and various tools used to collect information.
Systems Development Flashcards
Do you want to check your knowledge on the different types of system development used in business? This lesson set will analyze the different models and phases used in system development.
Database & Data Management Flashcards
Database management systems provide ways for individuals and companies to organize, retrieve, modify, and analyze data. In this flashcard set, you will test your knowledge of basic database management systems.
Effects & Impact of Technology Flashcards
Technology impacts our daily lives and has changed how we interact in the world. In this flashcard set, learn how the impact of technology on globalization, employment, intellectual property rights, and computer security affect you every day.
Introductory Programming Flashcards
Computer programming, often simply called programming, is the process of developing executable computer programs that do everything from making everyday tasks easier to complex computations. In this flashcard set, review the basics of programming.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications course
- Information Systems in Organizations
- Hardware and Systems Technology
- Systems Software and Application Software
- Internet, Intranet, and Extranet
- Network Systems Technology
- Enterprise Business Systems
- Decision Support Systems and Specialized Information Systems
- Systems Development
- Data Management
- Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues
- Introduction to Programming