About This Chapter
Studying for Environmental Science 101 - Summary
These convenient and interactive flashcard sets can help you study Environmental Science 101 terms and concepts. You can access these flashcards on any Internet-connected device to review environmental policy, sustainability, energy resources, ecosystems and much more. Some other topics you'll study include:
- Environmental risk factors
- Meteorology and the Earth's atmosphere
- Biological science, ecology, geology and environmental science
- Pollution and its effect on the environment
- Types of energy resources
- Environmental effects on growing populations
- Humanity's impact on the environment
- Renewable and nonrenewable resources
- Types of waste
- The connection between land and the environment
How They Work
These flashcard sets help you memorize key vocabulary and vital concepts about environmental science through repetition.
- Open a flashcard set for the environmental science topic you're studying.
- Identify the word or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Analyzing Environmental Risks Flashcards
This set of flashcards will help you understand the fundamentals of environmental risk analysis. Your knowledge of key terms and ideas will be quizzed, as well as your understanding of various types of bacteria and hazards.
Atmosphere, Meteorology & the Environment Flashcards
Use this flashcard set to review information about our environment, as well as the atmosphere and the subject of meteorology. Learn about issues of pollution, as well as pollution's impact on Earth.
Biological Science Flashcards
Use this flashcard set to gauge your understanding of the foundations of biological science. The set covers key terms, important processes, and ways a living organism adapts to its environment.
Ecology & Environmental Science Flashcards
This flashcard set can help you study the basic foundation of environmental science, including the fields of study within it and the basics of scientific evaluation and the scientific method.
You can use this flashcard set to test your understanding of ecosystems, evolution, and population patterns. Key terms and processes, such as dispersion and adaptation, are defined, and important principles, such as the Darwinian principles of evolution, are detailed to help ensure your understanding.
Effects of Pollution on the Environment Flashcards
This flashcard set can help you quiz yourself on your understanding of pollution and its effect on the environment. The set covers important factors on animal populations, water pollution, and types of biodiversity.
Energy Resources & Sustainability Flashcards
Use these flashcards when you're ready to focus on information about environmental sustainability. You'll also find cards that deal with different energy resources.
Environmental Effects of Population Growth Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards to help test your knowledge of the human population's relationship with the environment. Study key terms and important historical eras, and try practice problems in this set.
Human Impact on the Environment Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards to study for a test on the impact of humans on the environment. The set covers the way human activity and agriculture has evolved throughout centuries and the ways these changes influence the Earth.
Environmental Policy Flashcards
This flashcard set can help you study for a test on the creation and enforcement of environmental policies. Key terms and important legislation are defined to help you understand the details of the processes.
Geology & the Environment Flashcards
If you need to study for a test on geology and the environment, use these flashcards to help you. This set contains important principles and key terms that will help ensure your understanding of the material.
Land & the Environment Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you study for Environmental Science tests on land use and the environment in America. The set includes important government acts, environmental and economic issues, as well as differing viewpoints of land use.
Renewable & Nonrenewable Resources Flashcards
Check out these flashcards for a quick way to review renewable sources of energy. These cards also focus on different kinds of nonrenewable resources.
Solid & Hazardous Waste Flashcards
Review information related to solid waste with the flashcards contained within this set. You'll have the chance to go over hazardous waste and ways that we dispose of waste.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Environmental Science 101: Environment and Humanity course
- Introduction to Environmental Science
- Ecosystems and the Effects of Pollution
- Habitats & Ecosystems
- The Evolution of Ecosystems
- Meteorology and the Environment
- Geology and the Environment
- Biological Science
- Causes and Effects of Freshwater Pollution
- The Relationship Between Land and the Environment
- Effects of Population Growth on the Environment
- Environmental Impact of Agriculture
- Solid and Hazardous Waste
- Human Impact on the Environment
- Renewable Resources and the Environment
- Nonrenewable Resources
- Environmental Sustainability
- Analyzing Environmental Risks
- Impact of Environmental Policy