About This Chapter
Team Building Lesson Plans & Resources - Chapter Summary
Check out this teacher resource chapter to promote team building in the classroom. This mobile-friendly chapter offers comprehensive lesson plan outlines about a variety of team building concepts, including:
- Trust building
- Group development stages
The chapter also includes strategies for achieving group cohesion in the classroom. Additionally, we've included a variety of class activities and exercises to help your students improve their team building, trust and peacemaking abilities.
How It Helps
- Convenient lesson planning: Helps you plan your team building lessons any time that fits your schedule.
- Team building skill development: Offers resourses for improving your students' cooperation, teamwork, trust and group cohesion skills.
- Class activities/exercises: Allows you to engage your class with fun and effective team building activities and exercises.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning team building lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific team building topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related team building lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important team building concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant team building activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Team Building Lesson Plan
Are you looking for a way to improve group performance in your courses? This lesson plan uses strategic activities along with team-building exercises provided by a video lesson to improve group performance.
2. Becoming a Cohesive Group: Using Team Building to Increase Group Cohesion
Have you ever wondered why some groups seem to work better together than others? In this lesson you will learn what it means to be a cohesive group and how team building activities can be used to increase group cohesion.
3. Trust Building Lesson Plan
Trust can be a tricky issue for any age, but especially for middle-school students. This lesson plan uses a video lesson to explain how to build trust in relationships, then has students do some trust-building activities before taking a quiz.
4. Team Building Activities for Teens
Team building and class building activities make the classroom environment fun and safe. Students who enjoy coming to class and who feel safe are more apt to succeed. This set of team building actives can be done throughout the school year to keep students connected to, and invested in the class.
5. Stages of Group Development Lesson Plan
This lesson plan is a tool for helping students learn about the stages of group development. Students will watch a video and answer questions. Then, they will discuss their experiences in a group setting.
6. Team Building Exercises for Kids
Team building exercises can improve a sense of camaraderie, encourage students to support one another, and improve educational outcomes. Check out these ideas for team building exercises that are appropriate for kids.
7. Trust Exercises for Children
Teaching children to trust each other can be a great way to build a strong community. The activities in this lesson are designed to help children build trust.
8. Compromise Lesson Plan
This lesson plan is a tool for helping students learn about compromise. Students will learn about different types of compromises and compare compromise to negotiation.
9. Compromise: Definition & Examples
Compromise is something we do on almost a daily basis. This lesson will define the concept of compromise, and review when someone should compromise vs. when someone should not. Examples of compromises will be provided.
10. Peacemaking Activities for Kids
Teaching students to make and keep peace among themselves, as well as in communities and in the world, is such an important task. This lesson offers some activities that help teach peacemaking.
11. Team Building Exercises for Conflict Resolution
When people work in groups, conflicts are bound to come up, so it's important that group members feel a sense of trust and belonging. This lesson offers some exercises that help build teamwork skills when learning about conflict resolution.
12. Cooperation Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Using games and activities are great ways to teach pro-social behaviors. This lesson plan gives you several ides to instruct and reinforce concepts of cooperation for elementary students.
13. Teamwork Lesson Plan
Why not have some fun while teaching kids about teamwork? In this lesson plan, you will find a text lesson that defines and exemplifies teamwork and an activity that gives students a chance to apply what they've learned.
14. Teamwork: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn what teamwork is. We'll discuss how working and getting along with others is used during teamwork and look at some activities to practice building teamwork skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Interpersonal Skills: Lesson Plans & Activities course
- Interpersonal Relationships Lesson Plans
- Types of Communication Lesson Plans
- Social Skills Lesson Plans
- Anti-Bullying Lesson Plans & Resources
- Classroom Bullying Prevention
- Anti-Bullying Campaigns & Activities
- Anti-Bullying Statutes
- Suicide Prevention Resources
- Cyberbullying Resources for Teachers
- Cyberbullying Resources for Parents
- Peer Pressure Resources for Teachers