About This Chapter
Technology Uses in the Classroom - Chapter Summary
Discover the many uses of technology in the classroom, and examine its pros and cons with help from top instructors. They have developed entertaining lessons you can access from home or anywhere with an Internet connection. Boost your knowledge of types of classroom technology, ethics and more. In no time, you will be able to:
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of technology in the classroom
- Identify and describe different types of classroom technology
- Share ways to use social media in the classroom
- Provide types and uses of assistive classroom technology
- Discuss technology ethics in the classroom
There are many ways to ensure you fully comprehend this chapter's lessons. In addition to watching short videos or reading texts, take self-assessment quizzes to test your knowledge of these lessons. A chapter exam is also available to gauge your recollection of how technology is used in the classroom. If you need more details or want to clarify a specific lesson topic, feel free to submit your questions to our experts.
1. Technology in the Classroom: Advantages & Disadvantages
Teachers in today's schools need to be aware of the uses of educational technology. This lesson explains both the advantages and disadvantages of using technology in the classroom.
2. Different Types of Classroom Technology
Technology can broaden the horizons of your students right inside of your classroom. This lesson explores the various types of technology that can be used to liven up everything you teach.
3. Using Social Media in the Classroom
Social media has become second nature to today's learners, so why not use it in the classroom? This lesson provides an overview of social media and explains how it can be used to enhance student learning.
4. Assistive Technology in the Classroom: Types & Uses
Students with disabilities benefit from using assistive technology. In this lesson, you will learn why assistive technology is used and the different types of assistive technology that are available.
5. Technology Ethics in the Classroom
The accessibility of information through technology is endless. In the classroom, students and teachers must follow ethical guidelines for appropriate use. In this lesson you will learn what some of the expectations are and how to use them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Economics: Practice & Study Guide course
- Economic Concepts & Terminology
- Impact of Historical Events on the Economy
- Impact of Geography on Economics
- Structure of Local & Federal Governments
- Government & Economic Systems
- Democratic Values & Society
- Government Impact on Economics
- Basics of Measuring the Economy
- Scarcity, Opportunity Cost & Production Possibilities
- Producers & Production in Microeconomics
- Supply, Demand & Market Equilibrium
- Price Determination & Elasticity
- Economic Market Structures
- Business Types & Decision Making
- Understanding Economic Growth and Productivity
- Inflation & Adjustment in Economics
- Unemployment Basics
- Understanding Inflation & Unemployment
- Overview of Aggregate Demand & Supply
- Understanding Macroeconomic Equilibrium
- Scarce Economic Resource Markets Basics
- Fiscal & Monetary Policies
- Contractionary & Expansionary Gaps
- Money & the Market
- The Central Bank & Monetary Policy
- Types of Economic Advantage
- Foreign Exchange & Trade Balance
- Overview of Inflows, Outflows & Restrictions
- International Economic Development
- Consumer Decisions in Economics
- Consumer Protection Laws & Agencies
- Savings & Investments for Personal Finance
- Effective Teaching Strategies
- Instructional Teaching Strategies
- Assessment Strategies for Teachers
- Types of Student Assessments