About This Chapter
The Dynamic Business Environment- Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
There are many different things that can affect the businesses environment such as technology, competition, laws, and society. In this chapter, you will learn all about the dynamic business environment. Our experienced instructors will make sure you master this important business topic. Some of the specific things that will be covered in these lessons include:
- The economic and legal environments that affect business
- Impact of technology on business
- Why competition is significant
- The global business environment
|How the Economic and Legal Environment Affects Business: Definition & Quiz||Recall the economic and legal influences on a business such as taxes.|
|How the Technological Environment Affects Business: Examples & Effects||Summarize how technology impacts a business.|
|How the Competitive Environment Affects Business: Examples & Importance||Evaluate ways businesses can meet and/or beat the competition.|
|How the Social Environment Affects Business: Examples & Impact||Identify the social changes such as diversity and demographics and how they affect businesses.|
|How the Global Business Environment Affects Business: Explanation & Examples||Examine how businesses meet challenges such as war and terrorism.|
1. How The Economic and Legal Environment Affects Business
Businesses do not operate in a vacuum. They are subject to their external environments. In this lesson, you'll learn about the legal and economic environments of business and how businesses are affected by them.
2. How The Technological Environment Affects Business: Examples & Effects
Technology affects all of us. Technology can catapult a business to success or destroy it. In this lesson, you'll learn about technology, technological change, and creative destruction. A short quiz follows.
3. How The Competitive Environment Affects Business: Examples & Importance
Competition is essential for the successful operation of a market economy. Competition helps provide the best products and services at the best price. In this lesson, you'll learn about competition and some strategies employed by competitors.
4. How The Social Environment Affects Business: Examples & Impact
Businesses operate in a society. In fact, large organizations are mini-societies unto themselves. In this lesson, you'll learn some of the factors that make up the external and internal social environment of a business.
5. How The Global Business Environment Affects Business: Explanation & Examples
The world is becoming smaller. As globalization continues, businesses will be presented with opportunities and face challenges. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these challenges and see how businesses can meet them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 100: Intro to Business course
- Practicing Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business
- Economics and Business
- Business in Global Markets
- Forms of Business Ownership
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Managing and Leading in Business
- Leadership Styles in Business
- Organizational Management
- Business Production and Operations
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation
- Basics of Human Resources
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship
- Business Marketing Basics
- Product Development and Retailing
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing
- Product Promotion in Business
- MIS Basics in Business
- Implications of Information Technology
- Risk Management in Business
- Accounting Basics
- Financial Management in Business
- Securities Markets and Business
- Money and Financial Institutions
- Studying for Business 100