About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering The Giver characters material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the setting and characters from this book. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the characters from The Giver
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review by taking The Giver Characters chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take The Giver Characters chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the characters found in The Giver for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Analysis of the character traits portrayed by Jonas
- Discussion of who The Giver is in this novel
- Review of key characters, including Lily, Gabriel, Asher, Fiona and Larissa
1. Jonas in The Giver: Character Analysis & Traits
Jonas is the protagonist of the Lois Lowry novel 'The Giver.' When he receives his adult assignment, he realizes his community has deprived itself of feelings, color, even love. He decides to force them to remember.
2. Who is The Giver in Lois Lowry's Novel?
'The Giver' in the Lois Lowry novel of the same name is the former Receiver of Memories for the community that is tasked with training his successor. In this lesson, we will learn more about the Giver.
3. Lily in The Giver: Character Analysis & Traits
Lily is the younger sister of Jonas who was assigned to the family when Jonas was a Five. In this lesson, we will learn more about Lily in 'The Giver' by Lois Lowry.
4. Gabriel in The Giver: Character Analysis & Traits
Gabriel is the new child that comes to live with Jonas' family in hopes that they can give him the nurturing he needs to meet milestones during his first year of life. In this lesson, we will learn more about Gabriel from 'The Giver' by Lois Lowry.
5. Asher in The Giver: Character Analysis & Traits
Have you ever had a best friend you grew apart from? This lesson will look at Asher in Lois Lowry's The Giver, and how his character and friendship with Jonas develop themes in the novel.
6. Fiona in The Giver: Character Analysis & Traits
Fiona is the closest female friend of Jonas in the Lois Lowry novel 'The Giver'. In this lesson, we will learn more about her character and find out why she is so meaningful to Jonas.
7. Larissa In The Giver: Character Analysis & Traits
Larissa has only a small part in ''The Giver'' by Lois Lowry, but she offers a great deal of insight about how people in the community feel about release.
The Giver Character List & Flashcards
This flashcard set will help you understand about the main characters in The Giver. It will also help you learn key words and phrases that are unique to the book.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.