About This Chapter
The Iliad Teacher Resources - Chapter Summary
From suggested essay topics to discussion questions and activities on The Iliad, this chapter is devoted to helping you develop ways to teach your students about this epic literary work. These resources offer ways for your students to explore the characters, themes, plot and other aspects of The Iliad. Yo'll also find teaching tips and and a sample essay plan you can use to build or update your curriculum.
How It Helps
- Common Core: Helps to ensure that your lesson plans satisfy Common Core literacy standards regarding literary analysis and reading comprehension.
- Activities or games: Suggests hands-on games and activities you can use to encourage class participation and strengthen your students' interest and focus.
- Class discussion questions/topics: Provides ideas for discussions and essays that are designed to expand your students' study of this poem.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning The Iliad lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific topics about The Iliad you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your literature class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related lessons on The Iliad for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aspects of The Iliad.
- Engage your students with relevant The Iliad-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Achilles of The Iliad Essay Topics
Achilles is a classic character in world literature, but it is not at all simple to try to understand him. This lesson offers essay topics that will help your students think closely about Achilles.
2. The Iliad Essay Topics
Reading ~'The Iliad~' can be very meaningful for students, but it is also a complicated text to take on. This lesson offers essay topics that will help your students make deeper sense of what they have read.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the The Iliad Study Guide course