This article contains information to help you decide which school near Alhambra, California, will be right for you. You will find out which schools are located close to downtown. You will also find information about which schools have the largest student populations, the lowest net prices, and the highest graduation rates, all based on information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Alhambra, California
There are three 4-year institutions and two 2-year institutions located within 4 miles of downtown Alhambra, California. While the 4-year institutions are a mix of private and public schools, both of the 2-year schools are public.
- Platt College (1.4 miles from downtown)
- California State University (2.8 miles from downtown)
- East Los Angeles College (2.9 miles from downtown)
- California Institute of Technology (3.2 miles from downtown)
- Pasadena City College (3.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Alhambra, California
The largest schools near downtown Alhambra, California have student populations ranging from 43,000 to 28,000 students. While these universities and college are a mix of 2- and 4-year institutions, they are all public.
- University of Southern California (43,401 students)
- University of California (41,908 students)
- California State University (38,948 students)
- East Los Angeles College (37,188 students)
- Mt. San Antonio College (28,991 students)
Lowest Net Price
This list contains the five schools with the lowest net price for the year 2015. NCES calculates the net price of schools by deducting the average amount of financial aid that full-time undergraduates receive from the average cost.
- California State University - Los Angeles ($3,160)
- California State University - Dominguez Hills ($3,764)
- Glendale Community College ($3,785)
- Mt San Antonio College ($4,042)
- Citrus College ($4,694)
Highest Graduation Rate
These are the five schools with the highest graduation rates for 2015 that are located within 20-miles of downtown Alhambra, California. The NCES determines graduate rates by considering the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who are able to finish their program of study within 150% of the normal time.
- University of Southern California (92%)
- University of California - Los Angeles (91%)
- California Institute of Technology (91%)
- Occidental College (88%)
- Platt College (80%)
There are a wide variety of schools within a 20-mile radius of downtown Alhambra, California, and reviewing NCES data pertaining to graduation rates, total enrollment, estimated costs and location can help you find the school that suits you best.