The Arlington, TX, area has 2 and 4-year colleges and universities, technical, and specialty schools. Prospective students can utilize data from the National Center for Education Statistics to aid in their search, covering topics such as location, student population, price, and graduation rate.
Schools Closest to Arlington, Texas
If you value proximity to the city, Arlington has several different college options to choose from. There are many schools within driving distance and the below 5 schools are less than 4 miles away from downtown. The 5 schools are both private and publicly owned, and offer an array of different degrees and certificates.
- The University of Texas at Arlington (6.8 miles away)
- Remington College-Fort Worth (9.6 miles away)
- Texas Wesleyan (9.8 miles away)
- Everest College-Arlington (10.3 miles away)
- ITT Technical Institute-Arlington (10.3 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Arlington, Texas
If you are in the market for a large school, there are 3 schools in the Arlington area with over 10,000 students. The 2 largest schools have over 40,000 students and are both public institutions. Below are the 5 largest schools near Arlington, Texas.
- Tarrant County College District (51,688 total students)
- The University of Texas at Arlington (41,988 total students)
- Texas Christian University (10,323 total students)
- North Lake College (9,871 total students)
- El Centro College (9,002 total students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Knowing how much earning a degree may cost or the amount of debt that may be incurred can be very important to a student. The NCES determines a college's net price by subtracting the amount of government or institutional financial aid a full-time student receives from the total cost of attending the college. Listed below are the 5 colleges that offer the lowest 2014-2015 net prices among in the Arlington area, all of which were under $5,000.
- Mountain View College ($3,696)
- El Centro College ($4,559)
- University of North Texas at Dallas ($4,745)
- North Lake College ($4,772)
- Cedar Valley College ($4,884)
Highest Graduation Rate
Students may want to know the success of a school, which is often determined by its graduation rate. The NCES determines graduation rates based on the number of full-time students who completed their studies within 150% of the 'standard' time (e.g. six years for a bachelor's program). The five schools listed below have the highest graduation rates among schools near Arlington, according to 2015 NCES figures.
- Texas Christian University (76% graduation rate)
- Brightwood College-Fort Worth (71% graduation rate)
- University of Dallas (70% graduation rate)
- Brightwood College-Arlington (69% graduation rate)
- Remington College-Fort Worth (64% graduation rate)
These evaluation factors, including proximity to Arlington, school size, cost, and graduation rate can be extremely valuable in the search for the perfect college.