Art Classes in Montgomery County, PA with School Options
Research art programs in Montgomery County, PA, which currently has around nine schools offering these programs. Read overviews of the courses and get some quick facts for two Montgomery County schools to decide which program is right for you.
Available at both 2-year and 4-year institutions, art education offerings in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County range from single non-credit classes on specific art topics to full degree programs at the associate's, bachelor's and master's levels. Degree programs are commonly found in disciplines that include art, fine arts, graphic design and multimedia design. General degree programs in art or fine arts often feature additional concentrations, such as sculpture, animation, drawing, ceramics or art history. Art classes are generally hands-on with studio components in which students create projects. Some art programs also include opportunities to study abroad.
Arcadia University, located in Glenside, gives art students opportunities to study for several semesters in Australia, England, Ireland, Italy or Scotland. Students can choose between Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Bachelor of Arts (BA) programs in art. The BFA program is available with concentrations in ceramics, photography, graphic design, printmaking, metal and jewelry, interior design and painting. Students pursuing the BA degree can choose to concentrate in art history, pre-art therapy or studio art. While the required coursework varies by degree type and concentration, it may cover painting, color, ceramics, anthropology, photography and digital imaging.
- Programs Offered: BFA in Art
BA in Art
- Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014): $36,810*
- School Type & Setting: 4-year, private nonprofit; large suburb
Montgomery County Community College
With its main campus located in Blue Bell, Montgomery County Community College offers three 2-year art programs and has free art classes in knitting, beading, stained glass, drawing and photography. The school's Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) program includes concentration options in sculpture, animation, graphic design, drawing and illustration. Students in this program learn to use colors in artwork to promote individuality and self-expression, and graduates may transfer to 4-year art programs.
There are two associate's degree programs in digital design available with concentrations in multimedia and computer graphics. This multimedia concentration is designed for individuals with an interest in interactive and multimedia design for Internet, sales and marketing projects, and students learn about typography, page design, printing and publishing. Students interested in careers in graphic design, advertising or desktop publishing might benefit from the computer graphics concentration, with includes courses in drawing, digital artwork, design applications, page layout and graphics.
- Programs Offered: AFA in Fine Art
AAS in Digital Design-Multimedia
AAS in Digital Design-Computer Graphics
- Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014): $4,590 (in-district), $8,640 (in-state), $12,690 (out-of-state)*
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; large suburb
School Comparison: At a Glance
|School||School Type & Setting||Programs Offered||Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)|
|Arcadia University||4-year, private nonprofit; large suburb|| BFA in Art,|
BA in Art
|Montgomery County Community College||2-year, public; large suburb|| AFA in Fine Art|
AAS in Digital Design-Multimedia,
AAS in Digital Design-Computer Graphics
|$4,590 (in-district), $8,640 (in-state), $12,690 (out-of-state)*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Related to Art Classes in Montgomery County PA
- Recently Updated
Perhaps the visual arts excite you, but drawing, painting, sculpting and the like exceed your reach. That's okay! Colleges...
When budgets are tight and something needs to go, the arts are frequently one of the first victims. However, in Detroit, The...
For many of us, 33 years seems like a long time to experience any one thing; some of us haven't even lived that long. Yet...
Working as an art critic requires significant formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and requirements to see...
- Art Installations on College Campuses
- The Art of Wordplay: Study.com Speaks with Joel Fagliano
- Transforming Lives with Art: Study.com Speaks with the Henry Art Gallery
- Advanced Process Control Engineer: Job Description and Requirements
- Telling Beautiful Stories: Study.com Speaks with the Illustrator of Seeds of Change
- Parole Lawyer: Career and Education Information
- School Guidance Counselor: Career & Education Overview
- College Admissions: An Art, Not a Science
- Stay Contemporary on Culture: 10 Top Art World Blogs
- Examining Education Reform: Study.com Speaks with Dr. Charles Kerchner
- How to Balance Human Rights Advocacy with Student Life: Girls Learn International Founder Jordana Confino Talks to Study.com
- Child Prodigy Adora Svitak Speaks with Study.com