Computer Programming Course Info
Students can go to Study.com to learn about computer programming. For a small fee, students can receive training from expert instructors. With the help from lesson quizzes, videos, transcripts and chapter tests, students can boost their programming skills.
The course called Java Programming Tutorial & Training can help students master this programming language. Chapters that are found in this course include:
Free Online Course Info
Students can work at their own pace to complete the following courses. While college credit cannot be earned, the information needed to learn about computer programming is available through lecture videos, text, quizzes and other training materials.
- Google's Python Class offers information through text and lecture videos. At the end of each lesson, exercises are available for students to apply learned concepts. Students may encounter topics in strings, lists, dicts, files, utilities, lists, sorting and regular expressions.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Introduction to Programming Using Java, Seventh Edition is a free textbook offered online by Hobart and William Smith Colleges. This book's chapters cover topics such as subroutines, multi-processing, GUI programming, arrays, objects, classes and networking. Along with programming exercises and quizzes, students can also find a glossary that provides common terms and definitions.
These resources are online books from Sams Publishing, with text, coding examples and pictures. Students can also access quizzes and activities.
- Teach Yourself Java 2 in 24 Hours includes the basics of programming, repeating actions, describing objects, building user interfaces, creating threaded programs, writing files and working with graphics.
- Teach Yourself Visual Basic 6 in 24 Hours teaches about analyzing programs, controls, properties, looping, dialogue boxes, database basics and ActiveX.
- Visual C++ 6 Unleashed provides training in MCF programming, using dialog boxes, creating property sheets, Internet programming, debugging, multi-threading and database programming.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Games and Programming Skills
- Computer Programming for Applications
- Computer Programming for Certifications
- Introduction to Computer Programming familiarizes the online student with terminology, common concepts, definitions and different programming languages. All of the materials are presented through text and can culminate in a comprehensive quiz. This lesson can also lead to tutorials related to Java, CSS, HTML, PHP and VBScript.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming offers training through video lectures, assignments and exams. Most of this course's readings can be found online. This course covers common code patterns, abstractions through functions, floating point numbers, binary, code testing and debugging.
- Practical Programming in C provides students with lecture notes and assignments. Lab guidelines are also provided. During this course, students may encounter topics in variables, control flow, dynamic memory allocation, concurrency, function pointers and external libraries.
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs has resources that include lecture notes, video lectures, recitations, reading materials, project guidelines and exams. Topics covered include higher-order procedures, computer processes, compound data, generic operators, computational objects, logic programming and storage allocation.
National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning
- Principles of Programming Languages covers concepts in type checking, monomorphism, normal forms, structured data, programming commands, environments, syntax and binding. This YouTube lecture series consists of 40 videos that last up to 35 hours. Many of these video lectures include visual aids to help demonstrate topics.
Tutorials offered by this website are presented through training videos and text.
- C++ Tutorial consists of 35 chapters that cover topics in arrays, pointers, operators, constructors, variables, namespaces and constants. Students using this website also have access to additional tutorials that cover C#, SQL, Java, PHP, CSS, HTML and XML.