Blogs for Freelance Writers
- Freelance Writing Jobs - This site hosts one of the biggest communities of freelance writers on the web and has a tremendous blog for freelancers. There are multiple posts each day from multiple writers. Posts include everything from writing tips and advice to freelance writing gigs.
- The Urban Muse - This award-winning blog is written by Susan Johnston, a freelance writer with a passion for all sorts of topics. The Urban Muse provides great advice on freelance writing and writing mechanics and is well-suited to pros and beginners alike.
- The Renegade Writer Blog - Written by the authors of The Renegade Writer book, this blog hosts all sorts of great information for freelance writers. Some of the best posts include '10 Productivity Hacks for Freelancers' and 'My Trick for Writing Difficult Articles.'
Blogs for Fiction Writers
- Ginny's Fiction Writing Blog - Ginny Wiehardt offers insightful advice and information for fiction writers through her About.com blog. In addition to writing about style, technique and getting published, Ginny also works to provide helpful resources to fiction writers around the world.
- JA Konrath's Blog - Also known as a Newbie's Guide to Publishing, this blog is written by fiction writer JA Konrath. The blog is a must-read for new writers and a great read for established writers. It links to fantastic resources and offers sharp insight into the art of fiction writing.
- The Rejector - This blog is written by a literary agency assistant who rejects 95 percent of the material that crosses her desk. She writes about the rejections on her blog and offers down and dirty advice for fiction writers that can't be found anywhere else.
Blogs for Bloggers
- ProBlogger - Undoubtedly one of the most well-known blogs ever, ProBlogger is the best place on the net to learn how to increase income and reach more people with your blog. There are approximately 4,000 posts in the archive alone. Special features include writing tips, tutorials, case studies and a job board.
- Copyblogger - Copyblogger is dedicated to helping writers do four things: gain subscribers, get traffic, attract links and sell something. Writers who read this established blog from Brian Clark are sure to improve their writing and blogging skills.
- Blogging Basics 101 - This blog from Melanie Nelson is meant for beginning bloggers who have questions about writing and blogging, but advanced writers may find it useful as well. The majority of posts offer basic tips and answer questions about making money through blogging.
Blogs for Every Writer
- Write to Done - Write to Done is dedicated to the art and craft of writing. The blog covers everything from journalism and blog writing to fiction writing and writing habits. New articles on writing are posted to the blog at least twice per week.
- Grammar Girl - If reading isn't your thing, Grammar Girl is the blog for you. It is hosted by Mignon Fogarty and features 'quick and dirty' grammar tips delivered via podcast. Writers can download Grammar Girl's posts or play them right on the site.
- This Writer's Life - Kevin Alexander's blog, hosted at WritersDigest.com, is a must-read for any writer. Alexander covers nearly every topic imaginable and interjects his sharp wit into each post.