According to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2015-2016, Albuquerque had a population of 545,852, which makes it the largest city in New Mexico. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) notes that in January 2016, the Albuquerque Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) had a 5.8% unemployment rate. Continue reading to learn about the largest employers and fastest-growing jobs in Albuquerque.
According to CareerOneStop, the following were the top ten largest employers in Albuquerque as of 2015. These employers are also all within the top 25 largest in the entire state of New Mexico.
- University of New Mexico
- UNM Hospital
- ABQ Health Partners
- University-NM Rheumotology Division
- Albuquerque International-ABQ
- Albuquerque Police Department
- Kirtland Air Force Base
- Pac Cafe
- Gibson Medical Center
- Sandia Resort & Casino
According to data provided by the New Mexico Department of Workforce solutions, the following were projected to be the top 10 fastest growing occupation areas in Albuquerque MSA over the 2012-2022 decade.
- Personal Care and Service
- Education, Training and Library
- Food Preparation and Serving Related
- Healthcare Support
- Computer and Mathematical
- Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance
- Community and Social Services
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Transportation and Material Moving
- Sales and Related