Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
The Big Question: Which Schools are Right for You?
As you prepare for your senior year in high school, you'll need to decide which colleges to apply to. Choosing a college is an important -- even crucial -- decision that should be based on a variety of factors.
Things to Consider when Applying to Colleges
When you're choosing which schools to apply for, it pays to ask the following questions:
- What degree programs are offered?
- What are the costs of tuition and housing?
- What kind of financial aid is available?
- What is the average class size?
- What is the school's ranking (compared to other institutions)?
- What kind of extracurricular activities are available?
- What is the graduation rate?
- What are the characteristics of the freshman class from the previous year?
- How large is the student body?
- How successful are graduates in finding employment?
How to Find Out More
Many relevant facts can be found on the website of a college or university. For further information about where a school stands compared to its peers, you can check a number of yearly rankings reports that are available online or in periodicals. Finally, if you have questions that can't be answered by consulting these sources, you can always call a school's admissions office - they'll be happy to answer any questions that you have.