Associate of Applied Science in Business Office E-ministration
Though an Associate of Applied Science program in business office e-ministration does not exist, there are associate degree program options in administrative office technology that cover related concepts. These programs are designed to prepare students to pursue employment by offering education in basic office technology that is utilized in today's technology-centric business world.
During the 2-year programs, knowledge of basic office functions and business communications are emphasized so that graduates may prepare to work independently and as part of larger teams. Some schools offer programs entirely online. A prerequisite for entry into any undergraduate degree program is a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Program Levels in Administrative Office Technology: Associate degree, Bachelor's degree
- Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent
- Online Availability: Partially or fully online
- Program Duration: 2 years
Associate Degree in Administrative Office Technology
Students are taught to operate basic computer hardware and software programs. They might learn to use advanced database maintenance, spreadsheet graphing and desktop publishing techniques for commonly-used programs like those in the Microsoft Office suite.
Coursework can provide students with hands-on experience. Topics of study may include:
- Word processing
- Desktop publishing
- Designing PowerPoint presentations
- Microsoft Access
- Office systems & procedure
- Integrated business applications
Popular Career Options
Because office technology skills are invaluable in the workplace administrative office technology program graduates are qualified to start work in a variety of types of offices. Some common jobs available to associate degree holders include:
- Administrative assistant
- Executive secretary
- Software application specialist
- Office assistant
- Office support staff
Career Outlook and Salary Information
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicted that administrative assistants and secretaries would see employment opportunities increase by 12% during the 2012-2022 decade. The median salary for administrative assistants and secretaries was $33,240 as of May 2014, the BLS reported. Those working in executive secretary or administrative assistant positions saw $51,270 in median earnings.
Though uncommon, Bachelor of Science programs in majors like office administration and technology do exist. This type of program - often partially or fully online - combines office skills with training in business administration to prepare graduates for management-level posts.
Related to Associate of Applied Science in Business Office E-ministration
- Recently Updated
Courses in business office management cover the multiple facets of business operation and prepare students for office...
Read information about studies in legal office administration resulting in an associate's degree. Learn about admission...
Learn more about a Bachelor of Science degree in e-business. Understand the coursework involved, admission requirements and...
Office work is generally on-the-job training. Continue reading for an overview of the requirements, as well as career and...
- Freshmen Tips: Start Going to Your School's Career Office Now
- How to Start a Business While in College
- Limited Liability Corporations Offer Significant Advantages for the Student Business Person
- Associate Degree in Cabinet Design Technology
- Bachelor of Digital Visual Media: Degree Overview
- Woodworking Adult Education Programs: An Overview
- Biotechnology Careers: Options and Requirements