Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA): Degree Overview
Learn about bachelor's degree programs in business administration. Find out about coursework, career options, salary trends and continuing education for graduates.
Students in a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program can choose between multiple areas of concentration, including accounting, management, marketing, finance, economics and human resource management. The bachelor's degree program allows students to learn the basics of business communication and business-related topics that apply to nearly any position in a company. Students explore concepts in problem-solving, decision-making and operations management. To enter a BSBA program, applicants must be high school graduates or hold a GED certificate.
In a business administration degree program, students learn business basics in business law, interpersonal communication and managerial responsibilities. Common course topics that business administration students may encounter include:
- Human resource management
- Management science
- International business
- Management information systems
- Corporate finance
Popular Career Options
A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration prepares students for entry-level positions in a variety of fields, such as wholesale trade, retail trade, technical services, finance and insurance. Common careers can include:
- Sales manager
- Marketing manager
- Advertising manager
Salary and Career Outlook
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that the middle half of sales managers made $72,210-$150,610 per year as of May 2012. The same segment of marketing managers earned $85,740-$160,810 annually at that time, and the middle 50% of advertising managers saw annual salaries of $60,820-$135,930. The BLS predicts a 8% job growth for sales managers during the 2012-2022 decade, while marketing manager opportunities are expected to rise 13%, and jobs for advertising managers should undergo an increase of 7%.
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the next step in business education. These 2-year degree programs commonly allow students to specialize in supply chain management, finance and global management. Students have options available when completing their MBA program, whether they choose full-time, part-time or online study. These delivery options have different time frames for completion, but students usually work in the cohort style; this means that the groups of students who begin the program together also end the program together. These programs often include options for students to gain advanced management skills in strategic planning, corporate finance and business technology.
Related to Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA): Degree Overview
- Recently Updated
Online executive master's in business administration degrees are widely available. Those interested in careers as securities...
Read about an educational option that is comparable to an Associate of Business Science program in business administration....
A career in international business administration requires a strong background in functional business studies as well as an...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a global business administration professional. Get a quick view of...
- Top University in Los Angeles for a Business Administration Degree
- BS in Business Administration - Accounting: Degree Overview
- Associate in Science (AS): Business Administration Degree Overview
- Business Intelligence Analyst Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Summary of Oklahoma Colleges, Universities, & Career Schools
- Overview of Pennsylvania's Higher Education & Career Education
- Legal Studies Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- BS in Business - Public Administration: Degree Overview
- BS in Business Administration in Marketing: Degree Overview
- Adoption Caseworker: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Transportation Engineer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Career Information for a Completion of a Medical Residency Program