School and Ranking Information
There are only two 4-year universities located in Jacksonville, FL, that provide degree programs in international business. Based on ranking, student population and number of degrees conferred in the field of study, the following university is considered a top school in Jacksonville for international business programs:
- Winner: The University of North Florida is the largest postsecondary institution in Jacksonville in terms of student enrollment and the only public school in the city that offers studies in international business. Students can pursue international business as an area of concentration in both the Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs. A Global MBA program is also offered.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of North Florida|
|Rankings||#51 (tie) Best Regional Universities (South) (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Average Graduate: $10,830 (in-state); $22,369 (out-of-state)**|
|International Business Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|International Business Bachelor's Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||52**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||50%**|
|Noteworthy||Undergraduate business programs rank #256 among national universities (2015)*; Coggin College of Business listed as an outstanding business college by the Princeton Review (2006-2014)***; MBA the largest graduate program at the university***|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report; **NCES College Navigator; ***University of North Florida
University of North Florida
- Internships and study abroad opportunities offered at the school of business
- The College of Business has international relationships with 16 countries, including France, Germany, China and Turkey
- Double degree program available at the undergraduate level
- Evening and weekend classes offered in the MBA program
The University of North Florida has a total student enrollment of over 16,000 and a student-to-faculty ratio of 20:1. The university offers a total of 80 program offerings, and international business studies are offered at the undergraduate and graduate level through the College of Business. The university's business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Bachelor of Business Administration - International Business majors learn about free trade, currency issues, foreign investment and global competition as well as complete two foreign language courses and an internship. Students in the MBA in International Business program study foreign marketplaces as well as leadership methods for effective management. In contrast, the cohort-based Global MBA, also referred to as a dual MBA/Master of International Management and Intercultural Communication, allows students to combine classroom instruction with life experiences around the globe, integrating one semester in each of the following four countries: China, Germany, Poland and the U.S.