Best School for Electronics and Electrical Engineering - Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix has few schools with programs in electrical engineering. Find the best program for you by reading about one local school's rankings, program offerings and tuition info.
School and Ranking Information
Students interested in obtaining a four-year or higher degree in electronics and electrical engineering within 25 miles of Phoenix, AZ, may want to look to the following school as an excellent option. The school boasts high rankings, prestigious accreditation and plenty of research opportunities:
- Winner: Those seeking degree programs in electronics engineering can find just what they're looking for at Arizona State University's Tempe campus, just 8.4 miles from Phoenix. The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering offer the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE), Master of Business Administration/MSEE and Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering.
School Info Chart
|Category||Arizona State University|
|Rankings|| #129 in National Universities (2015); |
#41 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (2014)*;
#27 Best Graduate Electronic/Electrical/Communications Programs (2014)
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2014-2015)||Undergraduate: $9,811 (in-state); $23,312 (out-of-state)*|
|Electrical Engineering Degrees Offered||Bachelor's; Master's; Doctorate|
|Electrical Engineering Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||402**|
|Most Popular Electrical Engineering Degree Level Awarded in 2013||Master's (263 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||59%**|
|Noteworthy||The electrical engineering program is accredited by ABET***|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***Arizona State University
University of Arizona
- Students have the option to take a combined 5-year bachelor's/master's program in electrical engineering
- The electrical engineering bachelor's and master's program and the combined MBA/MSEE are offered entirely online
- Undergraduate students can participate in the Engineering Projects in Community Service program, which allows them to conduct research that benefits nonprofits throughout the world
Arizona State University (ASU) is home to 67,507 undergraduate and 15,794 graduate students as of fall 2014. Five schools make up the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, including the School of Electrical Computer and Energy Engineering.
The curriculum for the electrical engineering bachelor's program includes basic engineering courses and courses in electrical power systems, microprocessors, communication and control systems, circuits and solid-state electronics. The Master of Science in Electrical Engineering program requires no thesis. Individuals can choose to specialize in one of several areas, including electronic and mixed signal circuit design, electric power and energy systems, solid-state electronics, electromagnetics or control systems.
The MBA/MSEE degree program is a joint effort of ASU's W.P. Carey School of Business and the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. Students can complete the 16 required courses in as little as three years. They must attend an on-campus orientation and complete the MBA curriculum as a group; students can choose from the same six concentrations available to those in the MSEE program.
Students in the PhD program also can specialize in the same six concentrations offered to master's students. Doctoral students must complete a written and oral examination, a prospectus and a dissertation to be eligible for graduation.
Related to Best School for Electronics and Electrical Engineering - Phoenix, AZ
- Recently Updated
Learn about the work responsibilities of a electrical engineer. Find out what education and skills are necessary as well as...
Learn about electrical engineering with these free online courses. See the full list of free electrical engineering courses and...
Read about associate degree programs in electrical and electronics engineering. Find out about programs offered, potential...
Read about programs in electrical engineering and electronics, a field of study that includes topics in electricity and...
- Career Information for a Degree in Electrical Engineering
- How Long Is a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering?
- Universities with a PhD in Electrical Engineering (EE): How to Choose
- How to Represent Your Best Self During the College Interview
- Winemaker: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- 20 Must-Dos Before Leaving for Summer Break
- Higher Education in the U.S. Prison System
- Top School in Omaha for an Electronics Technology Degree
- Top Boise Electrical Engineering & Electronics Technology Degrees
- Why a Liberal Arts Degree Is Better for Your Career Than You Might Think
- Top School in Lincoln, NE, for Database Degrees
- How to Pay Attention During Even the Most Boring College Lecture
Perfect School Search
- Arizona Cities
- Nearby States