Best School for Learning HVAC Technology - Denver, CO
There are several colleges in the Denver area which offer HVAC technology courses. Read about one school's program offerings, tuition and rankings to help decide if it's the right school for you.
School and Ranking Information
Students in the Denver area have about five options to choose from for HVAC technology education. Based on student services, number of programs and tuition, one of the best schools in the area is:
- Winner: Red Rocks Community College, located outside of Denver in Lakewood, CO, has more than 150 programs and a multitude of courses for those interested in earning associate's degrees or certificates. The school offers multiple associate's programs and certificates in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC).
School Info Chart
|Category||Red Rocks Community College|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-14)|| $3,224 (in-state)* |
|HVAC Technology Degrees Offered||Associate's degrees, certificates|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||21%*|
|Noteworthy||Grainger recently awarded skilled trades scholarships to students**|
Sources: *NCES College Navigator, **Red Rocks Community College
Red Rocks Community College
- 10 distinct certificates and 5 associate's degrees available in various HVAC disciplines
- Basic refrigeration and HVAC/R electricity classes offered in both English and Spanish
- Courses include hands-on training with HVAC systems
Red Rocks Community College serves 14,000 students each year and is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The school's Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Department features 5 Associate of Applied Science degree programs and 10 certificate programs. All are updated regularly as energy efficiency requirements and HVAC technologies evolve.
In the Associate of Applied Science in Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration program, courses include structure and control of gas, forced air and hot water heating systems, along with those of AC systems. Participants practice repair and service techniques in shop classes. All courses for the Refrigeration Level 1 Certificate are taken as part of this program, and graduates are prepared for refrigerant certification through the Environmental Protection Agency.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Hydroponic Heating includes both a first aid and CPR course, as well as the 10-hour OSHA standards course. Hydroponic heating theories, systems and controls are covered in both class and laboratory sessions. Additional associate's programs include the AAS in Heating, AAS in Air Conditioning and AAS in Refrigeration. Additional certificate programs include those in level II refrigeration, HVAC controls technician, HVAC energy efficiency and forced air heating, among others.
Related to Best School for Learning HVAC Technology - Denver, CO
- Recently Updated
Computers, smart phones and other gadgets are ubiquitous in our lives. Ever-easier to carry around with us, it's a rare moment...
Learn about admissions requirements for a diploma program in laser technology, and find out what subjects are commonly...
Research certification or licensing in esthetics technology. Learn about the required courses, popular careers, salary trends...
Get information about bachelor's programs in networking technology. Keep reading for information on educational prerequisites,...
- Associate of Science (AS): Radiologic Technology Degree Overview
- Health Technologist Education Requirements
- Audio Technician: Career Profile for the Audio Technology Professions
- Home Health Care Training Programs and Courses
- Video Game 3D Animation Certificate: Program Overview
- Public Safety & Security Doctoral Degree Program Overviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Iridology Studies
Perfect School Search
- Colorado Cities
- Nearby States
- Arvada, CO Schools
- Aurora, CO Schools
- Broomfield, CO Schools
- Colorado Springs, CO Schools
- Denver, CO Schools
- Fort Collins, CO Schools
- Greeley, CO Schools
- Greenwood Village, CO Schools
- Lakewood, CO Schools
- Littleton, CO Schools
- Lone Tree, CO Schools
- Pueblo, CO Schools
- Thornton, CO Schools
- Westminster, CO Schools