Best School for Video Game Programming Education - Phoenix, AZ
Nine schools in the Phoenix area have top ranking video game programming programs. Read on to find out more about what these top schools have to offer for video game programming, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Information
Video game programming certificate and degree programs in Phoenix are offered by 2- and 4-year public schools, as well as by large and small private, for-profit schools. The following university is considered to be one of the top ranked schools for video game programming in the Phoenix area, based upon the number of graduates, variety of degree options, and computing lab facilities:
- Winner: Arizona State University (ASU) offers an undergraduate Certificate in Computer Gaming, bachelor's and master's degrees in computer science and software engineering, and a Ph.D. program in computer science. ASU is home to a world-class engineering school and is ranked highly in computer science.
School Info Chart
|Category||Arizona State University|
|Rankings|| #2 Up and Coming Schools, |
#41 Undergraduate Engineering Programs,
#48 Graduate Computer Science,
#63 Top Public Schools,
#65 Best Global Universities Computer Science,
#129 National Universities (2015)**
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)|| Graduate: |
|Computer Science/Computer Software Programs Offered||Certificate, Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral|
|Computer Science/Computer Software Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||259*|
|Most Popular Computer Science/Computer Software Degree Level in 2012-2013||Master's (126 awarded)*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||59%*|
|Noteworthy||Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET; Multiple cutting edge computing labs|
Sources: *NCES College Navigator, **U.S. News & World Report, ***Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Arizona State University
- $93+ million in research awards (2014)
- Engineering residential communities
- Award winning faculty
Founded in 1885 as a territorial school, ASU is now the largest university in the nation, with over 77,000 students enrolled across four campuses in the Phoenix area. Computer science and software engineering programs at ASU are administered by the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. Computer science programs are offered onsite at the Tempe campus, while software engineering programs are offered onsite at the Polytechnic campus in Mesa, AZ, as well as online. Entrance requirements for the engineering colleges are more stringent than for general admission to ASU.
Both the computer science and the software engineering programs at all levels allow students to take courses and do research in game programming. The undergraduate computer gaming certificate is open to all students, allowing them to use applicable elements across disciplines, such as education or business. Game programming classes include game engine development, game art (visual design), cognitive systems and intelligent agents, educational gaming, 3D animation, and graphics.
Related to Best School for Video Game Programming Education - Phoenix, AZ
- Recently Updated
Learn game programming and development with these free online courses. See the full list of free game programming and...
Find out about an associate-level educational option that teaches programming and game design. Research common courses and...
Get information on associate degree programs in video game development and programming. Read on to find out about the...
Online game programming schools are differentiated primarily by the portfolios and quality of work that their graduates...
- Bachelor of Game and Simulation Programming: Degree Overview
- Salary and Career Info for Web Programming Professionals
- List of Free Online Programming Courses and Classes
- Hospitality Manager: Wage Info, Job Description and Requirements
- Emmanuel Schanzer of Bootstrap Talks to Study.com
- Five Top Money-Saving Tips for College Students: Study.com's Readers Speak
- Vermont (VT): Colleges, Career Schools, and Universities
- Learn Computer Programming in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Computer Programming Blogs
- Online Programming Courses and Classes Overview
- Career Info for a Degree in Marine Watercraft Repair & Maintenance
- Helping Kids Learn to Love Reading: My Own Book's Burton Freeman Talks to Study.com
- Nathan Kono, Aspiring Teachers of Color Fellowship Winner, Talks to Study.com
Perfect School Search
- Arizona Cities
- Nearby States