Many top-rated schools offer finance programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. These are some of the highest-rated finance schools in the nation, including New York University, Brigham Young University and the University of Michigan.
Many of the best business schools in the U.S. offer degree programs with a finance concentration, if not a specific finance degree program option. Programs may include co-op working opportunities or other unique attributes to bolster a curriculum. Three of the top schools to offer such programs for undergrads include New York University, Brigham Young University and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, all highly-ranked 4-year institutions.
New York University in New York, NY
|School Highlight: In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked NYU #5 on its list of best business schools.|
New York University (NYU) is a 4-year private, not-for-profit school. In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked NYU as the second-best undergraduate finance school in the nation. The first two years at the Leonard N. Stern School of Business consist of business core classes; students wishing to pursue finance can select it as their area of specialization at the end of this prerequisite period. As undergraduates work toward a Bachelor of Science in Finance, students have the opportunity to gain professional experience and work closely with experienced faculty through a paid work-study option.
University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI
|School Highlight: U-Mich ranked #27 among all national universities, according to U.S. News & World Report in 2016.|
The University of Michigan's Ross School of Business ranked #4 in the nation among schools offering undergraduate finance programs, according to a 2016 list compiled by U.S. News & World Report. A Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance allows students to focus on one of nine career paths from general finance to entrepreneurship. Completion of the BBA program requires at least 45 business school credits and a minimum of 54 non-business credits (comprised of general education and elective courses).
Brigham Young University in Provo, UT
|School Highlight: In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked BYU tied at #32 on its list of best business schools.|
BYU offers a bachelor's degree program in finance. Undergraduate students are expected to participate in the Finance Society and complete an internship. Six academic tracks are available for the program: consulting, corporate finance, equity, fixed income, investment banking and real estate.
Top Finance Schools
These top-rated schools also offer finance programs:
- At Indiana University in Bloomington, IN, the Kelley School of Business hosts a weekly seminar series with visiting scholars and a Biennial Symposium.
- Ohio State University in Columbus, OH, is ranked as a top-ten research school, having published research in publications such as The Journal of Finance and The Journal of Financial Economics.
- At the University of Illinois, located in Champaign, IL, students can access several resources such as the Business and Economic Library, the Finance Department Server and the Market Information Lab.
- At the University of Maryland in College Park, MD, students have access to real-world financial databases, such as Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
- Located in Chapel Hill, NC, the University of North Carolina MBA alumni network was ranked by The Economist as #10 in the nation as far as networking potential.
- The University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA, ranked #1 on U.S. News & World Report's 2016 list of schools with the best undergraduate programs in finance.
- Located in Austin, TX, the University of Texas was ranked in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report as #5 on its list of best undergraduate finance schools.
The top-ranked finance schools may offer students resources such as databases, different academic tracks, internship opportunities and specializations.