Supply Chain Management Certificate Program Outline
For every business that sells a product, there are those who do the ordering, product selection and shipping details. A Supply Chain Management Certificate Program prepares the student to handle all these details and more efficiently. If you enjoy detailed work that requires planning ahead, a Business Administration Certification in Supply Chain Management could be the career choice for you. Read on to find out more about this interesting career.
What is a Business Administration Certification: Supply Chain Management Certificate Program?
A Business Administration Certification: Supply Chain Management Certificate Program equips students to enter the workforce in retail management. Employees with this position are responsible for ordering inventory and choosing suppliers for the companies they work for. Supply chain managers make sure products are in stock when needed, arrive on time and are able to project future store needs.
Most of what graduates with a Business Administration Certificate in Supply Chain Management do revolves around making purchases for a retail or e-commerce website. Courses taken will involve training the student to make smart financial and relevant choices. These courses will cover:
- Business administration
- Shipping - including international
- Statistics & marketing principles
- Transportation & hazardous materials
- Accounting & financing
- Negotiating skills
- Computer and software skills related to supply purchasing
Those who graduate with a Supply Chain Management Certification have the ability to understand economics and financial outlook for retail businesses. They are able to make intelligent purchasing decisions and work well with others. Other skills learned while earning your Business Administration Certification in Supply Chain Management include:
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to foresee economic growth
- Solid planning and administration skills
- Understand the logistics of running a business
- Basic computer skills
- Being able to work with local, national or international suppliers
Career Related Information
Reasons for Earning a Business Administration Certification: Supply Chain Management Certificate
Everyone makes purchases daily. In order for businesses to operate efficiently and make a profit, they need employees who can handle ordering, purchasing, distribution and production. This means those working towards a certificate in Supply Chain Management have many job options available. From the local grocery store to national retail chain stores, the need is ongoing for competent Supply Chain Managers.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, www.bls.gov, the average pay for Supply Chain Managers with a Business Administration Certificate was just under $82,000. Even those employees on the low end of the pay scale made over $42,000 annually making this a very lucrative position to pursue.
Economic Outlook and Growth of the Industry
Over all, economic growth for Supply Chain Management positions is expected to be slower than average, but the good news is that those with a Business Administration Certification in Supply Chain Management have a much better chance a getting a job than those trying to enter the field without a college degree.
Related to Supply Chain Management Certificate Program Outline
- Recently Updated
Supply chain management classes cover logistics, sourcing, forecasting, quality control and inventory management. This article...
Read on to learn about supply chain management programs at two top U.S. universities. Get school rankings, location info and...
Automotive supply chain courses are usually available in graduate degree programs in automotive engineering and automotive...
Becoming a supply chain manager requires some formal education. Learn about the degree programs, job duties and requirements to...
- Top University in Memphis for a Logistics & Supply Chain Management Degree
- Bachelor of Operations: Supply Chain Management Degree Overview
- Supply Chain Management Graduate Degree Programs
- Surmounting Obstacles with a Smile: Study.com Speaks with the Inspirational Craig Yunker
- Career Info for a Degree or Certification in the Construction Trades
- Careers in Marine Animal Training: Job Options and Requirements
- Salary and Career Info for Diving Instructors
- Master of Operations and Supply Chain Management Degree Overview
- Associate of Supply Chain Management: Degree Overview
- Parole Lawyer: Career and Education Information
- Engaged Students and Experiential Learning: Study.com Speaks to Diana Laufenberg at the Science Leadership Academy
- A World of Learning: Study.com Speaks With the CEO of Room to Read