School and Ranking Information
There are a few schools within 10 miles of Sacramento that offer business finance and related programs, including a few 2-year public schools and 4-year universities. According to school type, programs offered and tuition, the following school is considered one of the top schools in the area for studying business finance:
- Winner: California State University - Sacramento is the only 4-year public school within a 10-mile radius of Sacramento. The university offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in business administration with finance concentrations.
School Info Chart
|Category||California State University - Sacramento|
|Rankings|| Tied at #58 for Universities in the West (2015)*,
#75 Best Online Business Programs (2015)*
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$6,628 (in-state), $17,788 (out-of-state)**|
|Finance Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's|
|Business Administration Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013 (Finance Not Specified)||1,197**|
|Most Popular Business Administration Degree Level in 2013||Bachelor's (1,013 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||43%**|
|Noteworthy||Sacramento State has nearly 20 different business student groups, including the Financial Planning Association and a financial management organization***|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator ***California State University - Sacramento
California State University - Sacramento
- The College of Business Administration is accredited by the AACSB
- The business administration college has a well-organized co-op program with employers for students to get experience in the field
- The College of Business Administration has a total of 5 centers and institutes, including ones for small business and entrepreneurship
- Some master's-level courses are available online
California State University - Sacramento's campus sprawls an area of 300 acres that features thousands of trees. The university enrolls nearly 29,000 students per year. This school has much to offer students between its greater than 100 degree programs and nearly 300 student groups.
The College of Business Administration offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with multiple available finance tracks, including financial planning, real estate and risk management. Beyond core business administration requirements, undergraduates who select a finance concentration may take courses portfolio management, financial management and more. The Master of Business Administration program in finance consists of 33 credits. Students in the program take courses covering accounting, behavioral applications, real estate and markets. They can elect to complete either a culminating experience, a thesis or a project.