Top School in Baltimore for Computer Repair Courses
Only one school in the Baltimore area has a top computer repair program. Read on to find out more about what this school has to offer for computer repair, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Information
Computer repair courses can be found within introductory computer science or network technology programs and are typically found at the certificate and associate's degree levels. Currently, there is only one school located directly in Baltimore that offers programs with computer repair courses, making it the top school in the area for such studies:
- Winner: The Community College of Baltimore County offers several programs that include introductory computer repair courses, and some also lead to professional certification. These programs are offered through the School of Applied and Information Technology.
School Info Chart
|Category||The Community College of Baltimore County|
|Rankings||#57 among the top 100 associate's degree and certificate producers in the United States, 2014*|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $3,559 (in-district); $6,393 (in-state); $9,357 (out-of-state)**|
|Computer Repair Degrees Offered||Individual courses, Certificate, Associate's|
|Computer Repair Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||50**|
|Most Popular Computer Repair Degree Level in 2012-2013||Associate's (34 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||7%**|
|Noteworthy||#1 provider of programs in workforce development, technology training and undergraduate education in the Baltimore area***; accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education|
Sources: *Community College Week; **NCES College Navigator, *** Community College of Baltimore County.
The Community College of Baltimore County
- 18:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Many programs prepares students to take industry certification exams
- Classroom instruction accompanied by hands-on lab exercises
In 1998, Maryland legislators consolidated three separate colleges into one system, the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC). Today, the college includes three campuses and three extension centers spread across the city of Baltimore and enrolls more than 23,000 students. CCBC is composed of seven academic schools, including the School of Applied and Information Technology. That school houses several network technology programs which include introductory courses in computer repair.
One option is an A+ certificate program that prepares students for professional computer repair certification. Students first complete a computer introduction course before moving into classes that focus on how computers and systems operate. In a course on computer operation and repair, they learn how a computer works and what the major parts are. Students also learn to use diagnostic tools to fix problems. This school also offers that computer repair course as part of several 2-year programs that result in an Associate of Applied Science degree. Students can choose from degrees in general network technology, Cisco, IT support, Red Hat Linux and Microsoft. The IT support curriculum is also available as a certificate program.
Related to Top School in Baltimore for Computer Repair Courses
- Recently Updated
Need computer help quick? Whether you've just spilled a drink on your laptop or find yourself fighting viruses, these computer...
Computer repair is only a small part of becoming a systems administrator, with many online programs geared toward technicians...
Computer repair technicians require some formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and certification options to...
Learn about computer repair with these free online courses and tutorials. See the full list of free computer repair courses,...
- Computer Servicing & Repair Technician Career Info
- Computer Installation and Repair Training and Education Programs
- Computer Repair Major: Information and Requirements
- Open Education Around the World: Study.com Speaks with the University of Nottingham
- Psychiatrist: Educational Requirements for Psychiatrists
- Best University Degree Programs in HVAC Technology - Kansas City, MO
- Education Requirements for a General Contractor License
- TV & Computer Monitor Repair Technician: Educational Requirements
- Top Schools for Computer Installation and Repair
- Careers in Law Enforcement: Job Options and Education Requirements
- Hospitality Manager: Wage Info, Job Description and Requirements
- Ohio University Couple Wins Study.com's Win Free Textbooks for a Year Giveaway
Perfect School Search
- Maryland Cities
- Nearby States