Digital Photo Editing Training and Education Program Information
Digital photo editing training offers an in-depth exploration of one or more digital photo editing software programs. These short programs are often available through a college or university's continuing education department.
Coursework examines the features and functions of digital photo editing programs, such as Adobe Photoshop. Individuals learn various digital manipulation techniques such as cropping, enlarging, layering and focusing. Students learn how to use filters and add graphic images to their photographs without affecting the original image. Most of these courses are offered to any interested party, with no specific admissions requirements other than basic computer familiarity.
- Program Levels: Single course offered through college continuing education department
- Program Length: Varies from two sessions to semester-long course
- Other Requirements: Basic computer skills
Digital Photo Editing Training Programs
Digital photo editing education programs usually consist of one course detailing different photo editing software programs. The courses vary in length, from two or three sessions to a semester-long course. Below are several listed course topics that are generally covered in the training:
- Improving photo lighting
- Color, tone and contrast
- Digital special effects
- Storing digital images
- Outdoor digital photography
Employment Outlook and Salary Information
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment opportunities for professional photographers are expected to increase by 4% between 2012 and 2022 (www.bls.gov). The BLS also states that the median annual salary for this position was $30,490 in 2014.
The courses outlined above mark the terminal education point for those interested in studying digital photo editing. There are no degree or diploma programs available. However, if you want to turn a hobby into a career, there are plenty of education programs available. Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) programs in photography are widely available. Interested individuals should be aware that competition for professional photography jobs is fierce, and the positions are mostly concentrated in major metropolitan areas.
Individuals entering the world of professional photography often receive considerable on-the-job training. Many photographers start out as assistant photographers, working under the direct supervision of an experienced veteran. This training period can also be useful for those learning the business aspects of operating a commercial photography studio.
Related to Digital Photo Editing Training and Education Program Information
- Recently Updated
See our list of the top free online editing courses. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to find...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a film editor. Get a quick overview of the requirements, such as...
Textbook editing and publishing training is generally part of undergraduate and graduate programs in creative writing or...
Film editing courses are usually offered through undergraduate and graduate film, digital media and television departments....
- Digital Editing Professional: Job Description & Career Info
- Digital Video Editor: Job Description & Career Info
- Digital Video Editing Degree and Certificate Program Information
- Jobs for Emergency Management Professionals: Career Outlook
- Study.com Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Health Care Administration Degree Overview
- Public Safety & Security Doctoral Degree Program Overviews
- Certificate in Editing and Proofreading: Program Overview
- Masters in Publishing and Editing: Degree Program Overview
- BS in Business Administration - HR Management: Degree Overview
- Chemical Laboratory Technician Degree and Training Program Information
- Public Health Careers: Job Options and Requirements