Top Business Finance Degree Program in Wichita
Students interested in studying business finance in Wichita have a few schools from which to select. Read about one top school's degree programs, ranking and tuition info to help you decide if it's right for you.
School and Ranking Information
There are 3 schools that are not-for-profit 4-year institutions and one 4-year for-profit university with programs in business finance in Wichita. The following institution is considered one of the best in the area for studying finance because of its school type, rankings and program offerings:
- Winner: Wichita State University is a public 4-year school located right in the city. Wichita State offers programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels with finance emphases.
School Info Chart
|Category||Wichita State University|
|Rankings||Tied #184 nationally for undergraduate business (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$6,926 (in-state), $14,960 (out-of-state)**|
|Finance Programs Offered||Bachelor's, Master's|
|Finance Degrees Awarded (Bachelor's) in 2013||51**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||46%**|
|Noteworthy||Students can get involved in the business school through joining Barton School Dean's Ambassadors***|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***Wichita State University
Wichita State University (WSU)
- WSU's business school has research centers for real estate and entrepreneurship, among multiple other business areas
- The School of Business holds accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- WSU offers a variety of scholarships to students in the business school, including ones specifically for those about to be first-year students
Wichita State University awarded close to 3,000 degrees in the 2012-2013 academic year, with just over 2,000 being at the undergraduate level. Nearly 75% of WSU's faculty have a terminal degree in their area. Undergraduate students attending this institution will find that the vast majority of classes have less than 50 students.
The finance department, contained within the business school, offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance, and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a finance concentration is available through the graduate school. Students in the BBA program can choose between a real estate or broad finance option. Some course offerings include investments as well as financial accounting and management. Students are prepared for certification as financial planners.
The MBA's finance emphasis includes topics such as operations and portfolio management. Students who enter the MBA program without an undergraduate business background must complete additional coursework beyond the core MBA curriculum. All MBA students can opt to participate in a study abroad experience at the Berlin School of Economics.
Related to Top Business Finance Degree Program in Wichita
- Recently Updated
Explore certificate programs that include business finance coursework. Read about prerequisites and review common careers....
Business finance, often known as either corporate finance or simply as finance, deals with managing money for private or public...
Read about degree programs in finance, which can be found at many business schools around the country. Learn about the academic...
Online business finance courses are available within degree programs at the associate's, bachelor's and master's degree levels....
- Finance Professional: Overview of Different Financial Careers
- Top Schools for Business
- Finance Majors: Job Options and Salary Information
- Prosecuting Attorney: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Resource Room Teacher: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Entertainment Business Manager: Job Description and Requirements
- Film Production Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- Kansas Cities
- Nearby States