Top School in Tampa for a Healthcare Administration Degree
Students interested in studying healthcare administration in Tampa, FL, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local schools' degree programs, tuition and ranking info to find the right one for you.
School and Ranking Information
Of the four schools providing healthcare administration degree programs in Tampa, three are for-profit institutions. Based on ranking, student population and number of healthcare administration degrees awarded, the following university is considered a top school in Tampa for healthcare administration studies:
- Winner: The University of South Florida, located directly in Tampa, is the largest public university in this city offering healthcare administration and related studies. It awarded the highest number of master's degrees in this field of study in 2013. In addition to two master's degrees in healthcare administration, the school also has a bachelor's degree program in the related area of long-term care administration.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of South Florida|
|Rankings||#161 (tie) Best National Universities (2014); #88 (tie) Top Public Schools (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $6,410 (in-state); $17,324 (out-of-state)**|
|Healthcare Administration Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|Healthcare Administration Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2012-2013||24**|
|Most Popular Healthcare Administration Degree Awarded in 2012-2013||Bachelor's (13 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||63%**|
|Noteworthy||One of the largest public universities in the U.S.***; Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; College of Public Health accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report; **NCES College Navigator; ***University of South Florida.
The University of South Florida
- Studies combine classroom instruction and field experiences
- Master of Public Health program can be taken online
- Bachelor's degree program prepares graduates to take the Florida Nursing Home Administrator examination
The University of South Florida is recognized by the Carnegie Institute as a very high research activity institution. It offers over 240 degree programs and enrolls more than 40,000 students in its 13 colleges. The College of Public Health is home to five departments and offers a Master of Health Administration (MHA) and a Master of Public Health (MPH) in Public Health Administration degree program through its Department of Health Policy and Management. The School of Aging in the College of Behavioral and Community Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science in in Long Term Care Administration.
The MHA program consists of 56 credit hours of study. It focuses on four areas: economics and financial management, management science and technology, leadership and public policy. Students learn about health law and ethics, policy analysis, management techniques and healthcare services organization. The Master of Public Health in Public Health Administration program includes 44 credit hours of study. It covers policy analysis and development, financial analysis and accounting methods, public health research, healthcare marketing techniques, quality management and international healthcare systems. Students have five years to complete the program. Bachelor's degree students take courses addressing healthcare operations, legal aspects in healthcare administration, regulatory and clinical operations, long term care practices and management principles. Completion of a 650-hour internship is also required.
Related to Top School in Tampa for a Healthcare Administration Degree
- Recently Updated
Students looking to pursue an education in health services administration in the Richmond area have few schools to choose from....
The Sacramento area has few schools with health administration programs. Find the best program for you by reading about...
Few schools in the Raleigh, NC, area have top ranking healthcare management degree programs. Read on to find out more about...
Few schools in the Augusta, GA, area have top ranking health administration programs. Read on to find out more about what these...
- Graduate Certificates in Health Administration: Program Overviews
- Top Healthcare Management Degrees in Las Vegas
- Top School in Orlando for a Healthcare Administration Career
- AAS in Accounting Specialist: Degree Overview
- International Marketing Major: Information and Requirements
- Health Records Technician: Diploma Program Summary
- Accounting Information Systems Graduate Certificate Programs
- Master of Health Administration: Degree Overview
- What to Do With a Health Administration Degree: Career Info
- SAP Solution Architect Certification, Degree and Training Program Info
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Human Services Management Degree Overview
- Publications Coordinator: Job Description and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- B - K
- L - O
- O - W
- Nearby States