LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
All aspiring licensed practical nurses (LPNs) must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN). To learn more about how to prepare for this exam, keep reading.
What Exam Prep Resources Are Available?
After completing a state-approved training program, prospective LPNs are qualified to take the NCLEX-PN. While some LPN training programs include exam review sessions, it may be necessary to prepare for the licensure exam through other study aids, include books or standalone exam prep courses.
Exam-prep books can teach test-takers how to take the exam not just through memorization, but by mastering specific test-taking skills. Some companies who've created preparation books for the NCLEX-PN exam include Kaplan, Saunders Q and Delmar. Mometrix Media also has a study guide that offers secrets to achieving a good score on the exam.
Kaplan offers NCLEX-PN prep courses for those taking the test for a first time and those who've taken the test but would like to raise their score. Other companies that offer test prep include Hurst Review, Pearls Review, Pearson VUE, and others. Public health centers and community colleges frequently offer test prep courses as well.
The NCLEX-PN is taken a computer and is reported to state licensing boards as a pass-fail, meaning test takers will need a certain score to successfully pass the examination. Topics covered include effective care, health promotion, health maintenance, pharmacological therapies, risk potential and physiological adapting.
LPN Training Program
Approved LPN training programs are typically available at vocational, junior and community colleges. These programs commonly include clinical and in-class work and cover subjects such as physiology, anatomy, patient care, geriatrics and others. Prospective LPNs may want to contact their state's board of nursing for a list of approved programs.
Related to LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Recently Updated
See our list of the top free online LPN classes and educational materials. Learn about what classes are available, what topics...
Resident care coordinators must skillfully blend their nursing and organizational skills to run their facilities. These...
Nursing careers are one of the fastest-growing professions in the U.S. A degree or certification in nursing can prepare...
Honolulu, Hawaii, has few universities with programs in nursing. Find the best program for you by reading about schools'...
- Overview of Part-Time Nursing Programs
- How Long Does IT Take To Get A PhD IN Nursing?
- Accreditation for Doctoral Nursing Programs: Info for Aspiring Students
- Student Volunteers Help Give the Gift of Reading
- 10 Reasons to Take a Gap Year
- How to Pay Attention During Even the Most Boring College Lecture
- Why You Should Be Extra Nice to On-Campus Staff
- Nursing Student Michelle Rex Wins Education-Portal.com's Textbooks for a Year Scholarship
- Nursing Informatics: Career Summary
- Should You Choose Your College Classes Based on Expense?
- NYU Instructor Uses Free Online Videos to Supplement Entrepreneurship Workshop
- Career Info for a Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering Degree