List of Free Online Aromatherapy Courses and Classes
See our list of the top free online aromatherapy courses. Learn what courses are available and what topics they cover to find the course that's right for you.
Info on Free Online Aromatherapy Courses and Classes
There are few aromatherapy courses offered for free online. This article considers three free online courses, which do not confer credits.
Free Online Aromatherapy Classes and Courses
Aromatherapy and Essential Oils at Fox Chase Cancer Center
This is a short tutorial that answers questions about aromatherapy that a patient with cancer might have. It explains what aromatherapy is and its history in treating cancer. It also discusses the theory behind aromatherapy and cancer treatment. Other topics discussed include preclinical studies, clinical trials on humans, side effects and Food and Drug Administration approval. The tutorial provides links to ongoing human clinical trials and additional resources.
Clinical Aromatherapy at University of Minnesota
This resource, accessed from the school's website, doesn't teach the practice of aromatherapy, but does provide a survey of the field. Students can use the tutorial to learn about the history and science of aromatherapy then learn about application methods, safety factors, regulatory issues and certification guidelines. Current research in the field and a look at general concerns associated with essential oils are also part of the tutorial. The website notes that the resource takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
Industrial Utilization of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants at Technical University of Madrid
This is a comprehensive 6-unit, 12-topic class on medicinal and aromatic plants (MAPs). It starts with background information on the history and scientific classification of these plants. The class then provides instruction on how to grow and harvest plants organically, explaining what the term 'organically grown' means.
Next is a discussion of active ingredients and essential oils in medicinal and aromatic plants that are commonly used in the field of aromatherapy. The course then examines the classification, physical properties, chemical properties, extraction methods and significant uses of essential oils.
The next unit discusses uses of medicinal or aromatic plants. Further explored are uses of MAPs in the food, perfume and cosmetic industries. The course concludes with a discussion of the chemical analysis of these types of plants. Course material includes references (most are in Spanish), lecture notes in English and a video showing the cultivation of MAPs.
Related to List of Free Online Aromatherapy Courses and Classes
- Recently Updated
Read about alternative medicine programs in aromatherapy, which is the use of natural oils and scents to promote physical and...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become an aromatherapist. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as...
A masseur, or massage therapist, performs specialized techniques that help relax and manipulate muscles. Masseurs work in a...
Aromatherapy is the use of highly concentrated aromatic compounds derived from plants, otherwise known as essential oils, in...
- Holistic Health Degree Program Overviews by Level
- Natural Health Consultant Certificate and Training Program Info
- Aromatherapy Associate's Degree Program Information
- Building Libraries, Developing Minds: Study.com Speaks With the Riecken Foundation
- Dara Sklare, Educating for All Abilities: Study.com Speaks with a Special Education Teacher
- Get Career Happy: Study.com Speaks to Anne Follis, Resume Builder Extraordinaire
- Career Information for a Degree in Journalism
- Online Alternative Medicine Degrees by Program Level
- Online Degrees in Holistic Health and Medicine by Program Level
- Beth Olson at the University of Houston Teaches Study.com About Media and Communications
- SCUBA Instructor Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Lawyer for Contracts: Career Profile of a Contract Law Professional