List of Free Online AutoCAD Courses and Schools
See our list of the top free online AutoCAD tutorials. Learn about what materials are available and what topics they cover to find the tutorial that's right for you.
Free Online AutoCAD Tutorial Information
More common than full courses on the topic, free tutorials in AutoCAD are available online and offered by academic institutions. Students may be able to obtain free versions of the drafting and design software on a trial or student basis through the product suite maker, Autodesk. These tutorials provide overviews of basic commands and features for different versions of the software. They can serve a s a fine resource for students seeking to learn more about AutoCAD without having to register or pay tuition, though the institutional providers of these open materials don't grant academic credit for their use.
Carnegie Mellon University
- AutoCAD tutorials offered here look at both 2D and 3D AutoCAD. Students can view videos from 2006 or PDF tutorials for later versions of AutoCAD 2D and AutoCAD 3D.
North Carolina State University
- AutoCAD tutorials are provided here through the Department of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education. Tutorials are available for AutoCAD releases 2000i and 14, which address various features. For example, students may learn how to make basic and multi-view drawings, as well as simple and advanced models.
- Getting Started with AutoCAD provides instruction concerning each part of the process of using autoCAD to develop microfluidic designs. The instruction is split up into three sections: getting started, drawing tools, and manipulating objects. Individual topics include layers, units and precision, creating shapes, miscellaneous operations, measuring objects, changing layers of shapes, helpful options, creating text, moving, mirroring, rotating, scaling, arraying, unionizing, subtracting, object properties, and zooming.
University of California - San Diego
- AutoCAD tutorial is offered here through the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. This PDF doesn't include illustrations. The tutorial introduces students to tools for creating and modifying 2D drawings.
University of Virginia
- AutoCAD tutorials found here cover a variety of features and are based on the 2010-2011 2D drafting and annotation mode. Students can view and download the illustrated, text-based lessons in PDF format.