Online Hospitality Courses for Credit
While free courses in hospitality that don't require registration or tuition can be found online, these courses don't lead to college credit. If you're looking to attain credit for school, you might consider the comparatively low-cost material offered by Study.com, which provides an engaging way to start earning college credit while learning. Study.com courses contain video and text lessons as well as interactive self-assessment quizzes.
Those interested in hospitality can check out Hospitality and Tourism Management, which includes chapters like:
- Hospitality Industry Basics - Topics include the growth and future of the hospitality industry, its challenges, customer service, and industry trends.
- What is Menu Planning? - This chapter goes over the basics and importance of planning menus.
- Customer Service and Housekeeping - This chapter focuses on housekeeping and night auditing.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Resort Management
- Resort, Hotel, Motel, and Spa Management
- Restaurant Mgmt
- Travel and Tourism Management
Free Non-Credit Online Hospitality Courses
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- How to Develop 'Breakthrough' Products and Services is a graduate level course that teaches students about business innovation and demonstrates concept development methods. Students going into the hospitality industry could use the course to learn useful business practices. Course materials include assignments, readings and lecture notes.
- Listening to the Customer aims to teach students about the customer, the market, general management and customer research methods. Readings include recommended texts, and there are lecture notes for students to read, as well as assignments and downloadable course materials.
University of California - Berkeley
- Food Entrepreneurship is a lecture presented by the University of California - Berkeley through YouTube. The video is roughly an hour long and features a variety of panelists speaking about how restaurants can survive in a down economy. Panelists include restaurant founders, owners, company presidents and company partners.
University of California - Irvine (UC-Irvine)
- Introduction to Spa and Hospitality Operations seeks to educate users on the administrative, operational and managerial aspects of running a spa. Included are course and lesson overviews. Users will also learn about energy efficiency, insurance, marketing, licenses and inventory control. While this course is available for free online, in order to earn credits through the UC-Irvine, students must register and pay tuition fees.