List of Free Online Hotel Management Courses and Lessons
See our list of the top free online hotel management courses. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to find the course that's right for you.
Online Hospitality Management Courses for Credit
There are multiple hotel management courses available for free online; however, these courses do not award any sort of college credit. Study.com offers a low-cost option for studying hotel management online. Through engaging video lessons, quizzes and exams, students can easily work towards earning a certificate in this subject.
With our Hotel Management Training course, students can study different hotel management topics. Professional instructors guide users through lessons that use real-world scenarios to clearly illustrate important management concepts. Some of the chapters that can be found in this course include:
- Organizational Change in Hospitality - Explore the theory of organizational change, planned change and some of the barriers to change in organizations.
- Continuous-Improvement Processes & Methods - Learn about lean six sigma, idea generation and management information systems.
- Team Building & Development in Hospitality - Understand the characteristics of effective teams and different techniques for group decision-making.
Info on Free Online Courses in Hotel Management
Free hotel management courses are most commonly available from schools participating in the OpenCourseWare (OCW) Consortium. These courses can be accessed online, aren't graded and don't require campus attendance or registration. However, these types of courses do not award credit.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Listening to the Customer is based on a graduate-level course designed for students and professionals who are interested in market research and to better understand customers. This non-credit, online course is not specialized, but can be applied to all service industry fields. Students learn how to design a market research plan, interact with customers and understand behaviors. The lecture notes are available in PDF form, and there's also a recommended readings list. All of the course materials can be downloaded into a ZIP file.
- Management of Services: Concepts, Design, and Delivery provides materials from a graduate course that delved into the concepts and tools used in the service industry by management. This course covers service operations used in both the private and non-profit sectors. Students look at case studies that can help them understand different styles of management in service businesses in industries like hospitality, health care and government operations. The lecture notes, assignments and examples of class projects can be downloaded in a ZIP file.
- Marketing Management focuses on different marketing management strategies and utilizes the textbook Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism, which isn't required when reviewing this free course. Among the 25 lectures, topics include product design and branding, market research, consumer behavior, advertising and competition. The final project at the campus-based course consisted of an analysis of two resort and casino companies. Students can access lecture notes, assignments, syllabus and readings list.