Online Pharmacy Courses for Credit
Free pharmaceutical courses can be found online for users looking to learn without the trouble of registration or tuition. These courses, however, cannot offer students academic credit. For those trying to earn a certificate or credits for school, Study.com provides comparatively low-cost courses that students can use to attain credit. The engaging courses include video and text lessons paired with interactive practice assessments.
Students looking to learn more about the pharmaceutical field might be interested in Communication Skills for Pharmacists, which includes chapters on:
- Interpersonal Communication for Pharmacists - Learn about professionalism in communication, interpersonal relationships, the pharmacist-patient relationship, and how to be an empathic communicator.
- Conflict Management for Pharmacists - Explore cultural differences in conflict response, styles of conflict management, and related concepts.
- Written Communication for Pharmacists - Review nondiscriminatory language, the tone and voice of your message, determining the purpose of your message, and the importance of proofreading.
Free Online Course Info
Free online pharmacy courses typically don't lead to credit. While free online pharmacy course options are limited, students can find a variety of free online resources and materials. Some materials listed on course syllabi may not be available for students accessing the free courses online.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Clinical and Hospital Pharmacy
- Clinical and Industrial Drug Development
- Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Economics
- Pharmaceutics and Drug Design
- Pharmacy Administration and Regulation
- Physical Pharmacy and Cosmetic Sciences
Free Online Pharmacy Courses and Course Materials
Johns Hopkins University
- Principles of Drug Development is designed to teach students about the process of new drug development. Course materials include PDF lecture notes and articles, a reading list and class assignments. Lecture topics include the FDA and pharmaceutical industry, pharmacoepidemiology and diagnostic test development.
- Pharmaceuticals Management for Undeserved Populations goes over global drug management issues. Some lecture topics include drug manufacturing, the drug management cycle, regulation and quality assurance. Students may not be able to access all course lecture materials for free online.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Principles of Pharmacology provides learners with materials such as lecture notes, assignments and exams. Lessons cover topics such as drug metabolism, pharmacology, substance abuse and drug interaction.
- Principles and Practice of Drug Development includes selected course lecture notes in PDF format. Of the available lecture notes, students can learn about biotech and pharmaceutical companies and drug issues in the pharmaceutical field. Students are able to download course materials as one ZIP file.
University of Michigan
- Principles of Research and Problem Solving teaches students about scientific research methods. This course includes downloadable materials such as projects, presentations, handouts and lectures. Lecture topics include subjects such as study design selection, research subjects and hypothesis construction.
- Current Medication Information can be found on Daily Med, a site run by the U.S. National Library of Medicine including information on approximately 45,000 drugs. Pharmacy students could use this site to research package inserts or FDA labels.
- Drugs, Supplements, and Herbal Information is a free online resource where students can learn about generic or brand name medications and their precautions, side effects and dosage. Information about herbs and dietary supplements is also accessible through this website.