Online Real Estate Education Courses for Credit
Free courses in real estate can be located online, but they typically don't award college credit. Individuals looking to attain credit for school or earn a certificate to show an employer can check out the comparatively low-cost courses found on Study.com, which feature engaging video lessons and interactive practice quizzes.
Students can consider taking Marketing for Real Estate Agents, which provides a close look at this aspect of real estate. A few of the chapters from this course include:
- Leveraging Client Relationships - Topics include building client relationships, personal selling, the types and benefits of direct marketing, and more.
- Technology in Real Estate Marketing - Examine social media marketing, online video marketing strategies, the multiple listing service (MLS), and the benefits of real estate technology.
- Promotional Marketing in Real Estate - Study the different real estate domains and advantages of specialization, and learn how to write marketing copy and promotional messages.
Free Online Course Info
Most of the courses on this list are part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)'s OpenCourseWare (OCW) program. Students aren't required to register, nor do they receive academic credit for completing courses. MIT's online courses utilize PDF lecture notes, slides and additional resources. Online real estate students aren't required to fulfill all regular course requirements, such as purchase textbooks and take exams. In order to take full advantage of open courses, users may be required to have Adobe Acrobat (to view PDF files) and a computer video player.
Free Online Real Estate Courses
- Real Estate is a 68-minute video discussing the history of mortgage financing. Other topics include modern financial institutions, mortgage securitization and collateralized mortgage obligations.
- Advance Topics in Real Estate Finance focuses on the finance and investment side of real estate. Lecture topics include project development and real estate indexes. Originally, the course was conceived for Masters of Science in Real Estate Development students and followed a seminar format. In addition to the PDF lecture notes, the free course includes actual papers written by students.
- Real Estate Capital Markets goes over capital market real estate, portfolio theory and asset pricing. Also included in the course is a list of outside real estate resources for students to use, as well as case studies.
- Real Estate Economics analyzes micro- and macroeconomics factors in real estate. Other topics include residential development, industrial locations and development regulation.
- Real Estate Finance and Investment centers around real estate cash flows, leverage, development project evaluation and underwriting in relation to making financial decisions. The course was originally the first in a two-course series that focused on individual real estate investments. Students were required to buy real estate analysis software and have a financial calculator, which online students may find beneficial in their real estate learning.