Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Administrative Assistant or Secretary
- Clerical and General Office
- Customer Service and Call Center Support
- Executive Assistant or Secretary
- Office Technology and Data Entry
- Warehousing and Inventory Management
Free Online Non-Credited Typing Courses
Online typing courses help individuals learn how to type or improve their existing typing skills and speed by showing them where their fingers go and teaching them proper typing technique. The following list is a combination of tutorials, videos and lessons, none of which offer academic credit.
This website provides a free online typing course, with 27 guided lessons designed in step-by-step format. No downloads are required in the course offered by this site, which gives you the choice of learning on 23 different keyboard layouts.
- Free Online Typing Course requires users to provide their email address and a password. The lessons will instruct students on keyboarding fundamentals, show them where to place their fingers on the keyboard and help them improve their typing accuracy and speed.
This website is designed for all ages. The versions of course offerings include general typing lessons and a school edition. You'll also find tests and games on the site you can use to measure your progress along the way.
- Accuracy Drills involves users typing paragraphs that contain every letter of the alphabet, as well as many numbers and symbols.
- The Californian's Tale has users retype a passage from Mark Twain as the computer keeps track of their typing accuracy, what letters they miss and how many words are typed each minute.
Typingstudy.com is a free-to-use learning site that gives you the chance to strengthen your typing speed and accuracy. The site stresses the importance of touch typing to improve keyboard skills.
- Touch Typing uses an approach based on muscle memory in the pursuit of helping you achieve higher speed as well as data-entry and transcription skills
Typingclub.com is a free program designed to help you train yourself in touch typing by means of interactive typing games. It offers both a general and school version of its program.
- Typing Club includes 100 lessons beginning with simple typing skills before progressing into more advanced content. Lessons focus on numbers and symbols as well as letters.
ALISON is an e-learning giant founded in Ireland that hosts over 750 free online courses. You can navigate courses by language, level, and subject, as well as the groups they're designed for, with courses aimed at employers, students, teachers, and more.
- Touch Typing Skills lets you set your goal speed before moving onto lessons focused on each different part of the keyboard and the way your fingers interact with it. Sections center on hard-to-type words, numbers, capital letters and more.