List of Free Online Upholstery Lessons and Classes
See our list of the top free online upholstery classes and lessons. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to find the course that's right for you.
Info on Free Online Lessons and Classes in Upholstery
The free upholstery lessons on the Internet are often offered by upholstering companies. They're usually presented in video format, although some are text lessons. None of the lessons confer academic credit.
Free Online Upholstery Lessons and Classes
This website acts as an online community dedicated to interior design. The site features ideas for DIY decoration as well as articles on various lifestyle topics and interior design how-to's.
- Diamond Tufting 101 includes a photo slideshow and written instructions for creating diamond patterns with pleats between buttons. The instructions are not listed with the corresponding pictures in the slideshow, so students may want to print out the instructions to make the tutorial less difficult to follow. The lesson includes a supply list for a sample button-tufted footstool project.
On this is website, professional upholsters and soft furnishings fabricators provide instruction in the areas of furniture upholstery, marine canvas and interior upholstery, automotive upholstery and trim, draperies, slipcovers, awnings and other soft furnishings.
- How to Articles found here go over basic upholstering primer, methods of tying strings, constructing a channel back and instruction for self-welting. The reader learns about foam, stuffing and yardage. There are also lessons on covering a restaurant booth and making a headboard. Depending on the lesson, individuals can view photos along with written instructions.
- Upholstery Basics provides free instructional videos that show how to select upholstery tools and materials. It demonstrates methods for upholstering dining chairs and making boxed welted cushions. Written tips correspond with the video lessons.
Upholster Magazine Online
- Upholstering and Reupholstering a Chair includes instruction on how to upholster a tight seat chair. Users also learn how to use ply-grip and nail tack strips. This tutorial is presented via text and pictures. It also provides a link to a basic cutting and sewing lesson.
- Upholstery Videos found on this site break down how to upholster a chair and use various tools and machines. The user is offered comprehensive instructions through 10 videos.