Info on Free Plumbing Courses and Classes
A good source for free plumbing courses is online through the websites of hardware stores and television shows on home renovation. This article features a selection of free courses. None of the classes in this article confer an academic credit.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Building Inspection
- Concrete Finishing
- Construction Mgmt, General
- Construction Site Management
- Drywall Installation
- Electrical and Power Transmission Installers
- Electrical Systems Lineworker
- Facilities Management
- Furniture Making
- Home Equipment and Furnishings Installer
- Home Improvement
- House Painting and Wall Paper
- Metal Building Assembly
- Plumbing Technology
- Property Management and Maintenance
- Well Drilling
Free Plumbing Courses and Classes
- Bath Videos cover plumbing-related topics such as plumbing basics, fixing a leaky shower, repairing a toilet and replacing a bathtub spout.
- Plumbing Projects provides lessons in tub and shower drains, everyday plumbing, fixing faucets and replacing and fixing toilets. The format of the lessons is text with accompanying pictures. Tutorials start with a description of the project, things to do before beginning and tools needed. The reader is taken through each task step-by-step.
U.S. Army Engineering School, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Essentials of Plumbing is composed of five units, starting with how to use takeoff lists, symbols and legends, then going on to cover the installation of water supply and waste systems. It also discusses plumbing fixtures installation and ends with plumbing repair and maintenance. Each unit is broken down into smaller sections. With the detail of instruction geared for apprentice and professional plumbers, these may not be suited for the reader looking to simply peruse the info.
- How to Replace a Toilet shows the viewer how to install a vitreous china toilet. The user is provided with a list of items needed and a complete video. Alternatively, the user may view a series of videos, one for each step.
- How to Replace and Install a Kitchen Sink provides a step-by-step tutorial to show viewers how to install a kitchen sink. The skill level of this project is intermediate. The video defines two common types of sinks and includes a listing of the tools and materials needed to complete the project.
This Old House
- How to Solder Copper Pipe is a four-minute tutorial on soldering pipe that includes tips and demonstrations. Besides the video, the site page also has step-by-step written instruction.
- Instructional Videos are available on the Roto-Rooter website that discuss the maintenance of home plumbing. The six videos include home and Thanksgiving plumbing tips, winterizing tips, home safety for seniors and high-technology plumbing. The videos range from about one to three minutes long.
- Plumbing in Your Home offers tips, tricks and instructions for handling basic plumbing repairs around the home. The bathroom section explains showerhead maintenance, testing a toilet for leaks and cleaning an aerator. The kitchen section discusses how to clean and fix your garbage disposal, while the basement link provides information on water heaters, including how to find the main shutoff valve and annual maintenance.
- Plumbing Tutorials includes hundreds of tutorials on numerous home repair and home improvement projects. Categories include bathroom, basement, kitchen and many others. After clicking on the category, one only has to page down to find the plumbing-related tutorials available. For example, under 'Bathroom,' one can find over 25 different tutorials about various products and projects.