Top College in Washington, DC, for Marketing Courses
Students interested in studying marketing in Washington, DC, have a number of schools to choose from. Read about the top school's degree programs, ranking and tuition info to help you decide on the school for you.
School and Ranking Information
Most of the institutions with marketing programs in Washington, DC, are non-profit 4-year schools. Based on program offerings, rankings and graduation rate, the following is considered one of the top schools in the area for studying marketing:
- Winner: George Washington University (GWU) is a non-profit 4-year school with a high graduation rate and multiple programs in marketing. This institution offers marketing programs at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree levels.
School Info Chart
|Category||George Washington University|
|Rankings||#54 for National Universities (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, private non-profit|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$47,343**|
|Marketing Programs Offered||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate|
|Marketing Degrees Awarded (Bachelor's) in 2013||80**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||81%**|
|Noteworthy|| Undergraduate business students may receive pay for conducting research*** |
GWU hosts a chapter of the American Marketing Association***
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***George Washington University
George Washington University
- Marketing faculty members' work has appeared in numerous publications such as the Journal of Marketing and Social Science Research
- Some courses in the professional MBA program are available online
- Students studying marketing at GW are eligible to receive a marketing communications diploma from the International Advertising Association
George Washington University's enrollment contains students from each state as well as more than 100 countries. This university provides many opportunities for student engagement with is offering of in the neighborhood of 500 different student groups.
The School of Business offers a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in marketing communications or digital marketing, and a doctoral degree in marketing. The bachelor's program concentration requires a course on consumer behavior along with an international marketing management or business course. Undergraduate students may choose from additional course options in advertising and marketing strategy.
The MBA program is available in a professional format, which is part-time and self-paced, or a global format, which is full-time and typically entails two years of study. Regardless of format, the MBA program requires a course on electronic marketing, and students also take electives in consumer behavior and data mining in the two available tracks. The PhD program is research-intensive, requiring both teaching experiences and a faculty-mentored dissertation project.
Related to Top College in Washington, DC, for Marketing Courses
- Recently Updated
Now that the Internet is a central part of most consumers' daily lives, it's also become the center of the marketing world....
Advertising and marketing are related majors with key differences. While advertising is a part of marketing, they are actually...
Individuals interested in a career in digital marketing can be digital sales executives, Internet marketing specialists, search...
Online seminars or webinars allow attendees to watch an instructor's presentation from any computer with Internet access....
- International Marketing Career Information and Education Requirements
- How to Become a Marketing Executive: Education and Career Roadmap
- Internet Marketing Career: Job Description & Requirements
- Bereavement Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Medical Assistant Continuing Education Options and Requirements
- Inventory Controller: Job Duties, Requirements and Career Information
- Long Term Care Job Descriptions, Duties and Requirements