Master of Business Communication Degree Program Information
Though a specific Master of Business Communication degree is available from very few institutions, students may receive similar training through general communication master's degree programs. The curriculum of a master's degree in communication teaches students about leadership principles, ethics and public relations.
Students pursuing a communication graduate degree must complete original research and a thesis. For those interested in business, many schools allow students in a communication master's program to simultaneously earn graduate degrees in business, such as the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Program Levels in Business Communication: Master's degree, doctoral degree
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree
- Other requirements: Completion of research and thesis
- Business Communication Program Fields: Human resource management, advertising, communications technologies
- Some Program Specializations Available: Corporate communications management, creative advertising strategies, direct marketing tactics
Master's Degree in Business Communication
Before starting a master's program in communication, students must possess a bachelor's degree. To receive a graduate degree in communication, students study human resource management, advertising and communications technologies. Students also learn basic statistics, research analysis and decision-making. The following courses are commonly included in these programs:
- Corporate communications management
- Creative advertising strategies
- Direct marketing tactics
- Public relations practice
- Fundamentals of marketing
Popular Career Options
Individuals with a graduate education in communication may find career options with government bureaucracies, corporations and non-profit organizations. Students might find employment opportunities in one of the following occupations:
- Marketing consultant
- Public relations director
- Advertising researcher
- Consumer behavior analyst
- Corporate communications manager
Continuing Education Information
After earning a master's degree in communication students may consider an additional graduate or professional degree in business administration, marketing or finance. A doctoral degree in advertising can lead to employment as an educator, researcher or corporate executive.
Related to Master of Business Communication Degree Program Information
- Recently Updated
Learn about Master of Business Administration (MBA) degrees with concentrations in quality or communications. Get information...
A Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Communication program is a broad field of study. Students learn communication and...
Learn about the requirements and curriculum of master's degree programs in business communications. Find out about career...
Online courses in business communications are offered at several colleges and universities. These classes, typically presented...
- MA in Business Communication - Project Management: Degree Overview
- Online Study Options for Communication & Business Technology
- Master's Degree in Business Communication Management
- Associate of Science (AS): Multimedia Degree Overview
- Associate of Homeland Response & Emergency Management: Degree Info
- CAD Engineering Degree Program and Career Information
- Interior Design: Career College Diploma Summary