Master of Business Communication Degree Program Information
Though a specific Master of Business Communication degree is available from very few institutions, students may receive similar training through general communication master's degree programs. The curriculum of a master's degree in communication teaches students about leadership principles, ethics and public relations.
Students pursuing a communication graduate degree must complete original research and a thesis. For those interested in business, many schools allow students in a communication master's program to simultaneously earn graduate degrees in business, such as the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree
- Other requirements: Completion of research and thesis
- Business Communication Program Fields: Human resource management, advertising, communications technologies
- Some Program Specializations: Corporate communications management, creative advertising strategies, direct marketing tactics
Master's Degree in Business Communication
Before starting a master's program in communication, students must possess a bachelor's degree. To receive a graduate degree in communication, students study human resource management, advertising and communications technologies. Students also learn basic statistics, research analysis and decision-making. The following courses are commonly included in these programs:
- Corporate communications management
- Creative advertising strategies
- Direct marketing tactics
- Public relations practice
- Fundamentals of marketing
Popular Career Options
Individuals with a graduate education in communication may find career options with government bureaucracies, corporations and non-profit organizations. Students might find employment opportunities in one of the following occupations:
- Marketing consultant
- Public relations director
- Advertising researcher
- Consumer behavior analyst
- Corporate communications manager
Continuing Education Information
After earning a master's degree in communication students may consider an additional graduate or professional degree in business administration, marketing or finance. A doctoral degree in advertising can lead to employment as an educator, researcher or corporate executive.