Microsoft Network Engineer Certificate: Program Overview
Research the certificate programs that can prepare you to become a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). Get information on courses, career options, and continuing education opportunities to make an informed decision about your decision.
Microsoft offers a designation for network engineers and other network professionals referred to as the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). Some community colleges and universities offer Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate programs that can prepare students to sit for all seven MCSE certification exams. There are not any significant prerequisites for these programs; however, prospective students should have some solid experience and knowledge of network systems.
Students gain training in regards to advanced Microsoft server products and the Microsoft Windows platform. Upon completion, students should be highly proficient in designing, implementing, and administering such systems. Once all of the exams are passed, a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certificate is issued, giving tech professionals a significant boost to their credentials.
The curriculum is usually broken into seven sections, or modules, that thoroughly address each of the individual MCSE tests. Upon successful completion of the program, students should be able to demonstrate expertise in designing and implementing the infrastructure for the Microsoft Windows platform and server system. Course topics include:
- Managing and maintaining a Microsoft Windows server 2003 environment
- Network services infrastructure
- Implementing, managing and maintaining a Microsoft Windows server 2003 network
- Implementing a Microsoft Windows server 2003 network infrastructure
- Planning and maintaining a Microsoft Windows server 2003 network infrastructure
- Planning, implementing and maintaining a Microsoft Windows server 2003 active directory infrastructure
- Implementing and supporting Microsoft XP Professional
- Designing security for Microsoft networks
- Implementing and managing Microsoft exchange server
Popular Career Choices
Being able to include the MCSE certificate on a resume can help an indiviudal land a better paying job or earn a promotion. With the certification, job duties may include installing and trouble-shooting network systems for business solutions. Popular career options for those with the certification are typically:
- Technical consultant
- Security analyst
- IT/Network systems analyst
- Windows systems administrators
- Network administrators and managers
- Network/System engineer
- Tech support
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment of network and computer systems administrators is projected to increase by 12% between 2012 and 2022 (www.bls.gov). Computer systems analysts should expect to see a 25% increase during the same time period. In May of 2012, the BLS reported the median annual salaries of these administrators and analysts were $72,560 and $79,680, respectively.
Continuing Education and Advancement
The MCSA is another common certification choice for IT professionals; there are only four exams needed to earn it. Beyond the MCSE there are more advanced levels of certification. Those who hold an MCSE certificate are also eligible to take exams for MCTS Windows server 2008 certification.
The skills acquired from the certification process tend to be looked upon quite favorably with many organizations. According to Microsoft, 43% of office workers said they received a salary increase due to the certification (www.microsoft.com). It allows those who desire upward mobility in their careers to learn valuable and new skills quickly - a fact that is highly advantageous when working in an industry that is constantly evolving.
Related to Microsoft Network Engineer Certificate: Program Overview
- Recently Updated
Find out how to become a Microsoft network engineer. Research the education and training requirements and learn about the...
Read on for an overview of Associate of Science (AS) degree programs in computer network engineering. Get information on common...
Research the requirements to become a computer network engineer. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a network support engineer. Get a quick view of the requirements as...
- Telecommunications Network Engineer: Education and Career Information
- Responsibilities of a Chief Engineer
- Job Description of a Staff Engineer
- Best Advocate for Free Education: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Career Information for a Degree in Customer Service Management
- Food Technology Jobs: Options and Requirements
- Telling Beautiful Stories: Study.com Speaks with the Illustrator of Seeds of Change
- Become a Network Engineer: Education and Career Roadmap
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Salary and Career Info
- Darrin Schultz Talks to Study.com About Growing Food From Waste
- Dr. Michael Frank Explores Learning, Research and Neuroscience with Study.com
- Heavy Machinery Mover: Job Description, Duties and Requirements