At Study.com, we know that a great resource like OpenCourseWare is only useful if people know about it. That's why we've been dedicated to showcasing the many incredible educational resources that are available online, for free, for anyone to use. The winners of the first OCW People's Choice Award represent some of the best of the Open Education Movement. Check them out!
And the winners are....
- Most Accessible:Open Course Library
- Most Innovative and Avant-Garde: FGV Online
- Most Open: College Open Textbooks
- Best Video Lectures: Middle Eastern Technical University
- Best OER (Non-Video): MIT Physics
- Most Interactive: American Museum of Natural History
- Best Student Participation: Open Study
- Best Instructional Supplement: DNA From the Beginning
- Best User Experience: Science from Superheroes to Global Warming, UC Irvine
- Best Emerging Initiative: African Virtual University OER
Congratulations to all our winners and finalists and thanks to the over 4000 people who came to our site to vote for their favorite OpenCourseWare programs. Stay tuned to the Education Insider, our Twitter feed and Facebook page to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the Open Education Movement.
Tell Us Which Education Tools You Can't Live Without
The OCW People's Choice Awards did a great job spreading the word about the Open Education Movement, and now we want to do the same for the best education resources. Is there a product, website or tool that you absolutely need to succeed in school? We want to hear about it! Come back to Study.com's Education Insider on Monday, August 22 to nominate all your education must-haves for the first-ever Education Resource People's Choice Awards!