Online Biomedical Technician Courses and Classes Overview
Biomedical equipment technology programs focus on the installation, use and repair of sophisticated biomedical equipment used in hospitals, surgical centers and medical offices. Programs are not available fully online because of the need for hands-on equipment training; however, a handful of schools offer blended associate degree programs that allow students to take some of their courses online.
Biomedical technology programs provide students with the skills needed for careers working with biomedical equipment in a clinical or manufacturing setting. Imaging, patient monitoring and mechanical equipment, such as lifts or wheelchair, are covered in the curriculum. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for medical equipment repairers are expected to grow by 30% between 2012 and 2022, due in part to rapid advances in biomedical technology.
Online Biomedical Technician Courses
Below are some online courses for biomedical technicians found at various colleges.
Biomedical Technology and Patients Course
The needs of patients found in a variety of clinical settings are explored in this course. Enrollees study the biomedical equipment and proper procedures used to work with patients in settings such as trauma departments, as well as intensive care and surgical units.
Medical Rules and Regulations Course
Various medical regulations, state laws and codes of practice can apply to anyone working with patients or medical equipment in a healthcare setting. Students learn the rules governing medical equipment use in clinical settings, sanitation regulations and patient issues, such as privacy laws and ethical practices.
Human Biology Course
Coursework in applied biology often includes anatomy, physiology and medical terminology; these studies are vital for anyone working with patients in a clinical setting. Students learn the proper medical names and terms for body parts and medical procedures, study the human body and become acquainted with the physical processes that occur within the body.
Imaging Systems Course
Students are introduced to the various types of clinical equipment used by biomedical technicians, including imaging and monitoring systems. Sonography, radiography and computed tomography systems may be covered, and the course may also include instruction in the basics of electrocardiogram monitoring and medical laser technology.
Related to Online Biomedical Technician Courses and Classes Overview
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become a certified biomedical technician. Research the education and career requirements, certification and...
Biomedical science is a broad field that includes many different areas that apply science to medicine, such as pharmacology,...
Research the requirements to become a biomedical scientist. Learn about the job description and duties and read the...
Research the requirements to become a biomedical equipment technician. Learn about the job description and duties and read the...
- Biomedical Equipment Technician: Job Info and Requirements
- Biomedical Device Technician: Job Description and Requirements
- Dialysis Biomedical Technician: Job Description and Requirements
- Study.com 2010 Scholarship Winners: Computer Science
- Careers in Dairy Production: Job Options and Requirements
- Complementary Medicine Practitioner: Educational Requirements
- Top School in Arlington, VA, for a Software Engineering Degree
- Animal Laboratory Attendant Jobs: Requirements and Job Duties
- Rhode Island Career Guide: Overview of Hot Careers in Rhode Island (RI)
- Careers in the Music Industry: Job Options and Requirements
- Hotel Payroll Specialist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Certified Assisted Living Administrator: Job Description & Requirements