Online Cardiac Sonography Schools and Colleges: How to Choose
Many institutions offer certificate programs in cardiac sonography, although they are not online. Prospective cardiac sonographers can complete a distance learning program in diagnostic medical sonography if they are interested in completing their training online, as these programs are more readily available. A hands-on component is usually required.
Selecting an Online Sonography Program
- Award level
- Program type
While cardiac sonography programs are found at the certificate level, programs in diagnostic medical sonography are commonly found at the certificate and bachelor's degree levels. When choosing a program, students should consider their desired education level and career goals. While a certificate in cardiac or diagnostic medical sonography can qualify graduates for entry-level positions in clinics and hospitals, a bachelor's degree might afford individuals opportunities for salary increases and management positions.
Prospective sonography students may want to find out if the program is online or hybrid. Fully online programs offer students the convenience of being able to complete all coursework from their home or office, while hybrid programs include a combination of online and in-person coursework, which can be beneficial for those who enjoy a more interactive way of learning. The majority of available sonography programs can be completed fully online, although certain clinical work required for graduation will likely need to be completed in-person.
List of Online Programs Related to Cardiac Sonography
Online Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Distance learning certificate programs in diagnostic medical sonography train individuals for careers in ultrasound technology. Courses cover how to review patient history to help with diagnostic results, performing proper imaging procedures, recording pathology and physiology data and communicating effectively with patients and physicians. Specific coursework can include:
- Medical terminology
- Ultrasound physics
- Abdominal sonography
- Ultrasound instrumentation
- Cross-sectional anatomy
Online Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Completion Program
Online bachelor's degrees in diagnostic medical sonography are designed to prepare students for a variety of professional positions in ultrasound, including in the fields of abdominal, OB-GYN, echocardiography and other vascular procedures. Students can also pursue management positions in sonography and ultrasound or become sonography instructors.
Throughout this type of program, students will take general courses like college algebra, English and computer science, as well as field-specific coursework and clinical practice. Specific classes include:
- Medical law
- Cardiac and vascular sonography,
- Diagnostic cardiac imaging
- Applied sonographic procedures
Related to Online Cardiac Sonography Schools and Colleges: How to Choose
- Recently Updated
Read on to see what cardiac sonography technologists do. Explore the education and training requirements, and get information...
Read about associate's degree programs in cardiac sonography, check the prerequisites for enrollment, and review the typical...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a diagnostic cardiac sonographer. Get a quick view of the...
Learn about the curriculum and possible prerequisite requirements of a diagnostic cardiac sonography certificate program. Find...
- Cardiovascular Sonography Careers: Job Options & Education Requirements
- Vascular Sonography Salary and Career Information
- Digital Sonography Career and Education Information
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Bookkeeping
- Credit Risk Analyst Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- List of High-Paying Health Professions: Career Overviews
- Bachelor in Database Management: Program Information
- Gynecological Sonography Technician: Education Requirements and Duties
- Prenatal Sonography Technician: Job Description & Career Info
- Nonprofit Counselor: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Communications Electronics Technician: Job Description and Requirements
- Front Desk Coordinator: Job Description and Education Requirements