Online Certified Dietary Manager Training Programs and Courses
Colleges and universities offer online dietary management training for students and professionals. These courses teach students how to manage nutrition and food service operations in numerous care settings, and they're offered as part of certificate programs.
Dietary managers commonly work with registered dietitians to offer nutritional guidance and supervise food operations in hospitals, nursing homes, correctional facilities, school systems and large childcare centers. Certificate programs for dietary managers train students in several aspects of nutritional care and food service administration.
Programs commonly require 270-400 hours of study and qualify students to take the credentialing exam for dietary managers. Some programs mandate a period of on-site fieldwork under the supervision of a registered dietitian or nutritional preceptor; other programs can be completed entirely online. Program lengths vary, but can often be completed in 8-12 months.
List of Online Dietary Management Courses
The following courses in dietary management are offered online as part of certificate programs.
Fundamentals of Nutrition Course
The nutrition and dietary needs people have throughout their lives is the focus of this course. Topics include nutrients and nutrient metabolism, nationally recognized dietary guidelines, menu planning and diet manuals, principles of modified diets and environmental factors that affect food availability.
Food Planning and Management Course
This course explores food preparation and cooking techniques in relationship to available resources in diverse food service facilities. Class content includes sanitation and safety, food quality, menu planning, recipe standardization practice for specific locations and food service equipment maintenance.
Management Skills Course
Developing the skills needed to effectively manage and plan resources is a crucial step in becoming a dietary manager. This course teaches students to manage others in food service departments through modules on meal service supervision, policy and procedure writing, food and supply purchasing, interdepartmental communication, computer skills and solution-oriented problem solving.
Nutrition Therapeutics Course
This class covers nutritional for therapeutic settings. Course content includes the dietary management of diseases such as diabetes, renal disease, cancer, heart disease and obesity. Students also analyze essential aspects of nutritional screening and assessment.
Related to Online Certified Dietary Manager Training Programs and Courses
- Recently Updated
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a dietary service manager. Get a quick view of the requirements as...
Learn how to become a Certified Dietary Manager. Research education requirements, training information and experience required...
A master's degree program could lead to a number of managerial careers. Continue reading for an overview of several career...
Learn about how to become an investment manager. Read about the education requirements, licensing information, and experience...
- Transportation, Storage & Distribution Manager: Duties, Outlook & Salary
- Become a Political Campaign Manager: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Crisis Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- A Virtual Classroom Pioneer: Study.com Speaks with the New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Get Inspired! Study.com Speaks With a Professional Writer
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Salary and Career Info for a Digital Designer
- Communications Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirement
- Become a City Manager: Education and Career Roadmap
- Education Your Way: Study.com Speaks with a Part-Homeschool, Part-Public School Parent
- Clinical Trial Investigator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Robotic Scientist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements