Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- Physical Education and Health
- Sport and Fitness Management
- Sports Medicine
Students interested in studying kinesiology online can earn a Bachelor of Science in Sports and Health Sciences or a Master of Science in Kinesiology, among other options. Degree programs frequently allow students to choose a sub-specialty, such as sports administration or physical training. Students often pursue careers in fitness, physical therapy and massage therapy.
Online Kinesiology Courses
The following are kinesiology classes commonly offered online.
- Body Movement Course: Students study kinesiology terminology, muscle mechanics, muscle function and kinetics. Some courses focus on human movement during exercise and sports, in which case they consider muscular, cardio-respiratory and metabolic body changes during exercise.
- Physical Training Methods Course: In this class, students learn about the way humans adapt to physical exercise, in addition to focusing on methods for developing aerobic, anaerobic and muscular strength for people in a variety of settings. Coursework involves designing sample exercise programs and studying proper coaching techniques. Students submit assignments via e-mail or course management systems.
- Contemporary Kinesiology Issues Course: This online course discusses modern social issues in the health and exercise world. Students contemplate current trends in exercise training and physical education. Specific issues vary between courses, as instructors often tailor the course to suit student interest.
- Kinesiology and Sports Course: During the first section of this course, students learn how to coordinate and implement public school physical education programs. The second section of this course typically examines business-related issues and management of athletic programs in high schools.