Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Games and Programming Skills
- Computer Programming for Applications
- Computer Programming for Certifications
Online Courses in Computer Applications
The computer applications courses listed below are all commonly found completely online.
- Basic Computer Skills Course: At the beginning of the program, students learn keyboarding, e-mailing and processing skills for basic computer application functions, as well as develop skills for searching the Web and using academic management systems, such as Blackboard. Formatting concepts are learned, and focus is also placed on typing speed and accuracy; online applications can monitor a person's rate and precision with typing.
- Microsoft Applications Course: Students are provided instruction in the suite of software included in Microsoft Office; this typically covers Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. An up-to-date version of the software is usually required. Students learn how to work with data tables, word processors and spreadsheets from online training videos.
- Macintosh Applications Course: This course instructs users of Macintosh computers in the operating system and applications specific to the brand. Students are introduced to the computer's platform and environment, and they learn to use Macintosh software, like iMovie, through Web demonstrations.
- Multimedia Applications Course: Students work with various types of computer applications for creative productions in this advanced course, which is often offered as an elective. Graphics and animation, video production, sound editing and Web design are some of the possible topics. Specific software required may include Adobe Dreamweaver or Photoshop, and teachers demonstrate how to use them via Web cameras.
- Introduction to Photoshop CC Course: Photoshop has been the premiere photo-editing software for photographers and artists alike for many years. In this class, students receive step-by-step instruction in how to use the most fundamental and important tools in the software. They also explore the creative cloud, learning to store and share project files online.
- Introduction to Google Analytics Course: This course will help students learn about the potential information available regarding web traffic. Google AdWords will also be covered.
- Introduction to Programming Course: In this course, students will learn how computer programs are written. Topics include Python language, expressions and variables and data statements.
Online courses intended to familiarize individuals with various computer applications can be found in certificate and associate's degree programs; potential credentials include a Certificate in Computer Applications or an Associate of Applied Science in a related field, such as computer information systems. Courses are also available individually and can be taken in a non-credit format through colleges' adult learning divisions. Studies in computer applications are useful for a variety of jobs, including business manager, administrative assistant and receptionist. Free online courses also exist.
Online computer application courses are available as either free online classes or through certificate and associate's degree programs; standalone courses for credit are also available. Course topics may include Photoshop, programming and multimedia applications.