Computer software design classes can lead to a career as a software architect, software engineer or programmer. Online degree programs are available at the associate, bachelor's and master's level. Some classes might require specific software. A headset or microphone may be needed for discussions.
Online Computer Software Design Classes
Here are some descriptions of computer software design classes commonly available via distance learning.
- Introduction to Computer Software Class: This class provides students with a structural overview of software, including theories of programming, trials and implementation. Highlights of this class generally consist of the evolution of software design, architecture of programs, regulations, authentication and records. Themes incorporated in this class provide an outline of introductory software challenges, such as proposals, construction and maintenance.
- Engineering and Management of Computer Software Class: Students typically focus on the development of software, such as preparation, design and execution. Principles expanded upon in this class include requirements, formatting, engineering and object-oriented analysis. Students may create a project that integrates contexts, preparations and management skills.
- C++ for Software Development Class: A programming language class establishes the use of C++ computer language for engineer software. Typical curriculum for this class includes C++ language methods for designing, coding, processing and debugging. Students may be given an outline of sub-programs, algorithms or elementary data structures.
- .NET for Software Development Class: .NET for software development classes commonly teach students basic principles of the .NET framework, such as functionality, problems and solutions. General .NET topics discuss various components, such as structure, classification, procedures, implementation and organization. Design methods, including structure control, algorithms, classification and file I/O (input and output), may also be presented.
- Java for Software Development Class: Java specific, this class often includes an examination of object-oriented software engineering and design. The Java computer language allows students to design software that can be re-used in many applications. Students might also be instructed on polymorphism, inheritance and encapsulation.
- Client Side Programming Class: Students learn how programs can be made interactive through a Web browser. The design principles of object-oriented graphical applications are explained. Other lessons cover techniques of event-handling and debugging. Examples of applets and interface components are analyzed and discussed. Java or .NET programming coursework or experience may be a prerequisite.