Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
Online cryptography courses are readily available for both professionals and students through degree programs and continuing education. Read on to find out about the cryptography training that's offered via distance learning.
Online cryptography courses are primarily offered through graduate-level degree and certificate programs in specialties like computer science and software systems. They are also available for network and Internet security professionals via continuing education departments. Some online courses do exist for those new to cryptography, such as programmers or information technology (IT) specialists, who've completed a bachelor's degree in a related area.
Students who take online cryptography courses may need printed textbooks in addition to a computer with Internet access. Before enrolling, students will want to find out if assignments and exams are offered in a timed format or asynchronously for independent study, and whether any specialized cryptography software is required.
List of Online Cryptography Courses
Below are descriptions of some popular cryptography courses that are available online.
Introduction to Cryptography Course
This course is typically designed for undergraduate students with junior or senior standing, as well as for graduate students. Cryptographic techniques are introduced through discussions on encryption, authentication, e-commerce and digital signatures. Prerequisites for the course include the theory and practice of probability.
Foundations of Software Security Course
Online students in this course usually need a bachelor's degree in computer science and a professional background in security. Training prepares them for advanced cryptography and covers topics that include principles of computer security, programming techniques, security system design and software development.
Internet Security and Cryptography Course
Students can take this course at the introductory level during a graduate program, covering topics like protocol, telecommunication security requirements, access sharing and algorithms. A capstone project may complete the program.
Network Security and Cryptography Course
This graduate-level course covers practical application and theory of cryptographic techniques and network security. Popular topics include conventional encryption, key management, electronic mail security, message authentication, firewalls and hash functions.
Related to Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Recently Updated
Students interested in studying computer technology in Indianapolis have few schools to choose from. Read about the top...
Computers, smart phones and other gadgets are ubiquitous in our lives. Ever-easier to carry around with us, it's a rare moment...
Learn about admissions requirements for a diploma program in laser technology, and find out what subjects are commonly...
Health technology is generally an undergraduate major that prepares students for careers in the medical field that do not...
- Process Technology Jobs: Options and Requirements
- Computer Engineer Occupational Outlook
- Careers in Multimedia Technology: Options and Requirements
- Open Education Is Transforming the Way We Learn: Ray Schroeder Speaks to Study.com
- Utah (UT): Colleges, Universities, and Career Education Overview
- Helping Kids Learn to Love Reading: My Own Book's Burton Freeman Talks to Study.com
- Enter Study.com's Free Textbooks for a Year Scholarship
- Food Technology Jobs: Options and Requirements
- Be a Certified Computer Technician: Certification and Career Info
- Career Info for a Degree or Certification in the Construction Trades
- Senior Financial Accountant: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Careers in Archaeology: Education Opportunities and Requirements