Online Classes in Data Entry
The online courses below provide students with an education in data entry.
- Basic Computer Keyboarding Class: This self-paced course provides an introduction to basic computer keyboarding. Students learn to use the alphabetic and function keys and develop keyboarding skills.
- Computer Proficiency Class: This class is designed to help beginners develop a comfort level with the computer. Students learn about Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail, Internet research and file management within Windows.
- Data Entry on Computer Class: Students learn alphabetic and numeric data for data entry on a computer in this self-paced class. The procedures and operations used in government and business data entry applications are implemented.
- Computer Keyboarding - Numbers/Symbols Class: This class offers a hands-on approach for entering numbers, symbols and the entire alphanumeric keyboard. Memorization of the alphanumeric keyboard is emphasized.
- Computer Keyboarding - Speed Development Class: This self-paced class helps to improve speed and accuracy when entering data from the alphabetic keyboard. Learning and remembering the location of each letter, number and symbol is emphasized.
- Advanced Data Entry Class: This class offers a hands-on approach to learning correct data entry procedures. Students focus on using skills for accounts receivable and payable, purchase orders, payroll systems and invoicing.
- 10-Key Calculator Class: Students gain proficiency with electronic calculators using the 10-key touch system. They practice mathematics problems and become familiar with the memory functions.
- Computerized Billing Class: Students learn about specialized software such as Medisoft that is used for coding and billing in medical business offices. Data entry skills are used to input and process patient information, complete reports and print statements, forms and claims. This class is designed for students interested in a medical coding and billing position.
- Microsoft Word Formatting Class: This class prepares students to use Microsoft Word for data tables as well as reports and letters. Schools may require online students to have a current or recent version installed on their computers. Prerequisite training in touch keyboarding may also be required.
- Introduction to Computer Systems Class: This course centers around computer requirements and hardware functions. Other topics include programming, systems development and computer operations.
- Advanced PC Applications Class: In this class, students learn about PC software applications that are used to help solve business problems. Emphasis will be placed on creating documents, reports and other ways of communicating information.
Online data entry classes can be taken individually or as part of programs leading to certificates and degrees, including an Associate of Science in Business or Associate of Applied Science in Medical Billing and Coding. Graduates of these programs find employment as administrative assistants, executive assistants, customer service representatives, account managers and data entry clerks.
Take an online data entry class through standalone courses or certificate programs; associate's degrees are also available. Topics include Microsoft Word, keyboard speed development and computer proficiency.