Online Education Administration Courses and Classes
Online courses in education administration are typically intended for experienced educators who want to advance their careers to the administrative level.
Several academic institutions offer fully online or hybrid courses in education administration. These courses may be part of graduate degree programs, such as a Master of Education in Educational Administration, a Master of Education in Educational Leadership, or a Doctorate of Management in Community College Policy and Administration. In addition to online coursework, these programs may also require students to complete an internship, research project or dissertation.
Online Education Administration Courses
Below are summaries of the commonly offered online education administration courses.
- Leadership in Education Course: Usually offered at the beginning of a master's or doctoral program, this course introduces students to prevailing academic teachings in educational leadership. Students also learn how political and community issues impact a school official's ability to administrate and how to be an effective leader.
- School-Community Relations Course: Students learn about differing sectors of communities and their relation to educational environments. They also get first-hand knowledge of how schools build and maintain beneficial relationships with various groups in society. This course normally falls at the intermediate level of a master's or doctoral program.
- School Law Course: Through this course, students explore the role of law in school administration, including how local, state and national laws impact the decision-making process. This topic is normally studied at the intermediate level of a master's or doctoral program.
- Methods of Research Course: This course, which usually is found toward the end of a master's or doctoral program, teaches students to conduct in-depth research and analyze their findings. Students who complete this course should be prepared to conduct a research project or write a dissertation.
- School Finance Course: In this course, students learn best practices for educational financing. Along with fundamental financial management studies, coursework focuses on the factors that shape funding for educational institutions. Students will examine government funding, the impact of both boards of education and the community at large, and the role of the administrator in guiding the financial planning process.